Chapter- 23

Naomi 

Marc looks at me and raises my hand to kiss it. He smiles as our eyes meet and I flush. After sharp twenty minutes, Stephen pulls in front of my dorm building and we spot Jess standing in front of its entrance. Stephan climbs out of his car and their eyes meet, I notice them beaming at each other before he quickly arrives to open Marc's door and he opens mine.

"Mr. Raymond." Jess extends her hand in front of Marc to greet him.

"Jessica." He smiles and shakes her hand. 

Stephan stands leading against the car door and looks at us, Jess' eyes frequently go to him. "Naomi, I was thinking, why not we go for a walk in your campus?" Marc says out of the blue and I immediately know what he means. 

"Sure." I smile which he reciprocates and reaches out for my hand as we start moving away from Jess and Stephan. 

"Let's leave them alone." He whispers and I nod. Definitely

I'm love the way he cares for his employee, no one does that. I'm impressed and I wish I can have such an amazing boss... or husband? My subconscious points and I blush scarlet. Marc? My husband? The thought is extremely pleasant and seems to be a far-fetched dream. 

After a few minutes of walking in silence, I suddenly break it. "You've been my celebrity crush since I was a freshman..." I say and he turns to look at me. "I always dreamt of being close to on of the greatest businessmen I know. I always... wondered what it would be like to become... yours. You are... perfect in every way possible, you're successful, capable of doing almost anything and... you're the most good looking man I've laid my eyes on. I always used to think what it would be like... to become your, a person who's everyone's beloved... his beloved." I say and notice he's been staring at me for a while now, we've stopped walking and I didn't even realise that. His gaze warm and steady pierces right through me... beautifully... it feels like, beautifying me. 

"You must know, now." He says and pulls me into his arms, hugging me. I can feel his heartbeat. I'm so much in love with this man... 

Marc 

We head back towards her dorm almost half an hour later, hoping Jessica and Stephan's conversation must be completed by now. When we reach, we see both of them standing together. Seeing us, Stephan quickly goes and stands near the car. Jessica beams at Naomi, she looks happy. Good. I look at Stephan, who looks shyly at the ground. 

"Good night, Jessica." I turn to her. 

"Uh... goodnight, Mr. Raymond." She smiles shyly. "I'll call you." She whisper to Stephan. I look in his direction and notice his flushed cheeks as he looks at her and nods. I try to mask my urge to smile. 

Jessica turns to move towards the building, followed by Naomi. She's leaving without goodbye? I hold her arm from behind and pull her into my arms, startling her. 

"Where are you going without telling me goodbye?" She looks at me with widened eyes, her breathing rate escalated. Our faces are only few centimetres away. 

"I'll...I'll" Jessica stammers. "I'll be waiting for you in the dorm, Naomi." She says shyly and practically runs inside the building. Smart girl. I hear the closing of my car door and know that Stephan has stepped inside the car to give us the privacy we need. I notice Naomi slightly relaxing. 

"So," I return my attention towards my girl. "Why were you leaving without saying goodbye?" 

"Um... I..." 

"I want you to give goodbye kisses to me." I say and notice her cheeks turning red. "But... a goodbye wish is expected at the very least." 

"I'll keep that in mind." She whispers. 

I smile. "Good." I hold her face with one my hands and my other hand reaches towards her waist. I caress her lower lip with my thumb. This is my most favourite thing to do. I lean in, unable to control myself any longer... I want to kiss her. 

Suddenly I notice her hand gripping mine as I close my eyes. I reopen them and look at her. She moves my hand from her cheek to her lips, kissing my palm. I notice that she closes her eyes and inhales the scent of my skin. Oh my... When she opens them, there's some change in her eyes.  She looks more... playful. To my surprise, she holds my face and pulls it closer. She positions my ear to her mouth, grinning. 

"Later, sweetheart." She whispers in my ear and before I know, kisses my cheek. Oh. My. God. I feel like my life is complete. This sweetest gesture of hers, just concluded my life. Oh God!  

She starts to move from my arms. I grab her waist again and pull her back in my arms, even tighter... close to myself. I don't want to let her go, ever! This time, she shuts her eyes with astonishment. I lean in and gently kiss her nose and chin before whispering, "Later, sweetheart." and loosening my grip around her. She looks at me, I can see her face turned scarlet. She's so sweetly shy. She smiles shyly and runs into her dorm building. I sigh and climb into the car.