>Chapter One<

It's not fair there. For most of the sunlight to be blocked off by towering buildings every day. For miserable souls to go without the desired delicious food for days.

To think that people live here is a miserable thought.

To think that most people here have never been free, gazing at the sight of sweet nature.

__________________

This story is set in a gigantic, poorly economized city. Well, half of the city. There are two sides to this area. The wealthy side is filled with luxury and happiness, then there is the poor side. Where that once called luxury and happiness were no longer a believed topic. It's instead replaced by agony and betrayal.

It's the year 2057, and Noriaki Kakyoin was venturing home from his dreadful experience known as school. Or as he preferred to call it- hell. All he could hear was his footsteps, and the soft sounds of the atmosphere. He was wearing his dark green uniform that goes down to his ankles, as it drags along with his walking pace. Footsteps continue to echo through the wide streets. Streetlights were always needed, as it was too dark for the sun to simply run through the colossal structures.

Noriaki always wondered what it would be like if he could just evolve, grow wings and fly away to freedom. It could be like a wonderful distraction to the sorrowful, painful yet emotionless feelings that are bound to be common where he lives.

Noriaki's gaze wandered onto a familiar path of darkness- he was nearing his home. His luscious red hair that flowed through the air stopped. The seventeen-year-old teenager sighed. His walks home was never this quick. His feet hesitantly started to move, his rough hands nearing the door handle.

The door creaked open slowly and quietly. It was a significant risk to open it quickly, as it could disturb the sleeping figure that was lying on the couch at the time. The teenage boy was always terrified of his mother. Although deep down he really loved his mother, he couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. It wasn't her fault though. She's probably been in more hell than he'll ever be.

Noriaki drew in his breath, entering the household, then closing the wooden door.

He glanced over to the stairs- his goal. He tiptoed over, coming closer to his well-awaited room. His eyes softened for the first time in a while, as he smelt the scent of drying paint, which was splattered over a large canvas he was working on before school. After finally arriving in his bedroom and closing its fragile door, he began to admire his painting, feeling proud of himself for once. Painting had been his hobby for as well as he could remember, for some reason it always calmed his brain, giving him at least a few moments of distraction from the outside world.

Noriaki sat down on his unsettling, yet comforting bed. The bed was a straw-like texture, worn out by the old, old memories made. He put down his backpack that he carried around everywhere, and he began to lay down, digging out the headphones he left on his pillow.

Calming music began to play through, entering Noriaki's blessed ears. He sat back up again, his violet eyes now settling onto the small window to his left. His mind drifted away to how gliding through rooftops was the best way to at least touch the smallest amount of freedom. He picked up his bag again, sliding it on his back. Noriaki now began to drag himself to the windowsill, his hands slithering up the handle to open it. A quiet sound was heard, made by the dirt-covered window agreeing to slide open.

The exit's width was just enough for Noriaki to fit through, and he was thankful for that. The redhead popped out through the window, jumping off onto the ladder of a building that was coincidentally right by his.

His scar-filled hands began to adventure the rust of the metal ladder, it scrapes through his skin as he grew higher and higher. As he began coming closer to the top, he could almost feel the warmness of the well-awaited sunlight that he had longed to see for hours now. His eyes began to shine as the great ball of light began to appear. His soft lips grew into a small smile when he finally reached the top of the building, noticing another person sitting by the edge... His short, raven hair flowing through the soft wind, a long black gakuran hiding most of his figure.

He's known as Jotaro Kujo. But for Noriaki, it's just Jotaro.

Noriaki chuckled, sneaking behind him and placing his tired arms around Jotaro. The raven-haired boy jumped, until he realized that the soft scent that was floating around was Noriaki's. Jotaro turned his head around, smiling back at the other.

"Noriaki, it's been a while. How were you?" greeted Jotaro.

The redhead let go of the other teenager, taking a seat right next to him. Now both their legs were hanging off the edge, experiencing the taste of freedom, but not for the first time. They always meet up at this exact place. The view is unpleasant to look at, some could even say it's bad enough to make them throw up, but to them it was home. Even if they didn't want to accept it, it's where they live, and it's where they always will live.

"I'm doing okay. The situation with my mother is getting worse though." Noriaki mumbled, leaning his head on Jotaro's shoulder. He slid his headphones off, placing them in his pocket.

"I'm... sorry." Jotaro sighed sadly.

"Hey, no need to apologize. It's nowhere near your fault. Hey, want to go rooftop jumping?" Noriaki changed the subject, trying to lighten the mood.

"Sure." Smiled Jotaro. 

(To be continued in the next chapter)