Swim Spas OKC Maintenance Tips To Make Them Last Longer

Your swim spa is a substantial investment, and taking proper care of it will ensure its longevity and high quality for years to come. Although asking your service provider for maintenance information is always recommended, we at Bullfrog Spas OKC Tulsa have a few tips for you to consider for your swim spas near me.

Use A Cover For Swim Spas OKC

Although it is a quick task, it can be hard to remember to cover your swim spa when not in use. If left uncovered, debris can fall in and damage your swim spa or clog the filtration system.

Monitor The Filter

For , it is a wise practice to monitor your filter to ensure proper filtration. Your filter traps unwanted particles from floating through your spa system, so rinse it periodically to eliminate build-up. As always, follow the instructions when rinsing or replacing your filter, or contact a professional for assistance.

Change Water Periodically

To maintain a swim spa, changing the water periodically and cleaning the spa shell are vital, as bacteria can build up quickly in the warm water. If your swim spa water is cloudy, smells unpleasant, or has bubbles that are not from the spa jets, it may be time to change your water.

Maintain Proper Water Chemistry

Water chemistry is of the utmost importance when owning swim spas OKC. Because swim spas harbor warm water, they can be a breeding ground for bacteria and fungi, potentially damaging your spa system and harming others. As such, use test strips to check your water's alkalinity, pH, and sanitizer levels. Maintaining these levels will prohibit bacterial growth and keep your swim spa healthy for years to come.

Check Spa Plumbing and Exterior

Swim spas Tulsa can experience wear and tear as the years pass by. Be sure to routinely check your spa plumbing and exterior for any cracks, holes, or leaks. If you notice damage, call a swim spa servicer as soon as possible to prevent further damage.

The investment in a swim spa is not one to be taken lightly. At Bullfrog Spas, our team of

professionals will guide you through the required maintenance to ensure your spa lasts a lifetime. We will educate you on the best practices to take care of your spa and offer repair services if you need a professional to get the job done. for more information on swim spas near me, or visit any of our stores to view our selection.