ˏˋ°4*➷ 𝐅𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

╰┈➤ ❝[I'll tell you the truth, but never goodbye]❞

TIME SEEMED TO STOP, as Ji-an could only stare at Su-ho. Hundreds of thoughts were rushing through her head while her heart felt like it was about to explode. She scanned his face, trying to find some sort of emotion or indicator of what he was thinking but she couldn't find anything as the boy stared blankly at her. Realizing Su-ho still had his hands wrapped around her waist, she stepped back, causing Su-ho's hands to fall back to his sides.

Su-ho who was caught by surprise by her sudden action also took a step back, still keeping his attention on her as Ji-an looked anywhere but him. A few moments later of awkward silence and unspoken tension Ji-an coughed, a small thanks leaving her mouth before gathering the courage to speak, "Uh- we should talk."

Su-ho averted his gaze, placing his hands in his pockets before looking back at her, "Talk about what?"

She heavily sighed, already dreading the conversation. "You already know."

"No, I don't." Su-ho lied, his expression the same as before while Ji-an rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"You don't get to act like this."

The boy turned around looking through the bookshelves making Ji-an walk closer to his side. "Like what?"

Although all she wanted was to amend her situation with the boy she was not about to let him step over her. "Like you are the innocent one. We were doing fine, we talked here and there, not a lot but it was something. Giving me hope that someday things could go back to the way they were. And then one day you suddenly ghosted me with no explanation."

"I was trying to be polite because I still care about you." He closed his eyes for a few seconds, a light sigh leaving his lips. "But then I realized I was wasting my time and yours too." Grabbing a book from one of the top shelves he turned towards her. "I never intended to give you hope."

"Did you ever even love me?" Ji-an asked, her eyes scanning his face.

"What kind of question is that? I would always care about you." His response made the Kim girl frown realizing he was avoiding her question.

Pushing a small strand of hair that had fallen out of her ponytail behind her ear, she spoke hoping this time the boy would actually answer her question. "Do you still feel something for me?" 

"I don't know." Su-ho admitted as he avoided eye contact with the petite girl. Since the moment he saw her his emotions and thoughts went out of place. He missed her a lot and it hurt him knowing he was the reason for her departure. He wished he could hug her and tell her how sorry he was for breaking her heart and that it wasn't his plan for things to go the way they went, but he couldn't.