Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen:

Pillow Talk

Within minutes of Ivy, Justin, and Mari leaving, Councilman Linus had finished his glass of Whiskey. The older man sat the crystal glass down as he turned to look at the two that had saved his life tonight. He looked between those that had taken refuge in his library - two of his fellow council members as well as a man and a woman he had never seen before that night. Though there was something about them as they stood together that seemed familiar, it was hard to put his finger on it after the events he'd just survived. Frustration and fear continued to rise inside of him until it bubbled out as a demand for answers.

"Who are you guys and what the hell happened back there?"

"The Organization wants into Wolvesbane," Dante said simply. "You, and you guys, were going to vote Mephesto's bid for Skye's old land. So they sent people to either convince you or take you out of the equation."

"Take us out...they were trying to kill us?" The only woman from the council members asked with a frown, hand going to her neck as she remembered the events of the night.

"Yes, obviously," Razaria said with an eye roll.

"Yes, Counselor Pantera, they were trying to kill you. That's why we were there: to stop that from happening."

"Well then I suppose we should be thanking you," the Councilman that Dante had been assigned to said to the group.

"There is no reason to thank us, Mr.Trigra," Razaria said to him and then corrected herself, "Councilman Trigra. If we can stop The Organization from ruining more lives and gaining more power, we will do it."

"What does your group have against them?" Councilman Linus asked.

Razaria shot Dante a look. "That is a very long story."

The militant Councilman spoke in an even, serious tone, "We have time."

Dante sat back as Razaria started to explain their evil deeds from her point of view. Her language was graphic as she described her capture like enslavement. She went on to describe the training he'd tried to help her with as torture, which made him wince, even as she left out blaming him for it. Razaria gripped Dante's hand as she told them that they'd escaped from the Organization before they could give her a "lobotomy" to force her to stop rebelling. The look of horror that fell over Councilwoman Pantera's face made Razaria pause for a moment. Once that moment had sunk in, Razaria quickly moved on to how they'd killed both Skye and the nice old man that had helped them when they escaped from the great fire. And how they'd even taken one of their other friend's kids before they decided to start fighting back. Dante noticed that she left out her three months of re-imprisonment from her story even though she'd covered how they had come to help Wolvesbane from suffering under Mephesto's grip.

"Oh my dear girl, you've suffered through so much," Councilwoman Pantera said from across the room.