Chapter 1

"Salam Zaynah! I have a new crush." Aaliyah has been my best friend for 7 years now, this is basically a weekly announcement.

"Salam Aaliyah, who is it this time" I leaned in intrigued because all of her crushes always seen to have some sort of drama linked to them.

"Uh I don't know his name yet but I'm sure my cousins will get that for me." she shrugged and dragged me off the canteen. "I'll show you instead" she said annoyingly confident.

Aaliyah stood scanning the dining hall for her 56th temporary crush. "There! there! there!" she shrieked pointing at a classmate of mine; Fahim Basher.

I'm certain he saw us because he continuously looked at us then turned to someone stood next to him.

I'll admit Fahim was quite handsome; he was a boxer, so he had wide broad shoulders, big veiny hands and a muscular build. He stood at around 5,10, and his hair was short and black, styled with a fade around the bottom.

"Girl you should try having a crush, it's fun." Aaliyah spoke giddily dazing at him.

I scoffed at her childishness then turned back.

Fahim had moved to sit down, that's when I saw that the person beside him was Isaac Sharif.

I have talked with Isaac before, but it wasn't a very long conversation, it was more of a hi-bye situation. To be honest ever since we encountered, I had been seeing him a lot when we moved through the grounds. We never talked to one and other but when I saw him, my heart would do a weird twitch or wiggle. I don't know who to describe it, but I didn't particularly like it, I felt as though I was having palpitations. I wonder if he has the same troublesome feeling.

I didn't think much of it though it wasn't important. I usually see him by himself but had heard from other students that he and Fahim were best friends and just like Aaliyah and I, they stuck close to one another.

Isaac was around the same height as Fahim and I'm guessing same age. He was also handsome with his chisels sitting proudly around his chin and upper lip and his hands were just as veiny as Fahim's. His hair was perfectly messy, poking out in all directions but instead of making him look untidy, it instead accentuated his beauty.

I stood in awe watching this man move all the muscles and bones in his gorgeously toned body as he sat combing his hair with his fingers.

*THUMP*

Thump? Thats more than a wiggle, I might really need hospital. I stood with my hand over my mouth.

"Damn what was that..." I frowned whispering to myself.

"What was what?" Aaliyah looked at me in confusion.

"Oh nothing. You know winter makes you cold. I think I shivered too hard." I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders attempting to act cold.

"Yeah right, are you dissing my crushes again? Come on give it a rest. Mashallah he's fit." She complained looking away from me.

"No, I didn't say anything and besides this one's better that all those old men you fancied." I laughed at her mockingly while watching her face pout. She stood and glared at me, trying to hide her embarrassment.

"Better than never liking someone". she mumbled trying to argue back

"No, it's not" I finished, rolling my eyes at her.

Isaac and Fahim's other friends arrived so I turned my attention to Emily and Olivia that were walking towards us.

Tilly and Olivia are friends of ours, but things just seem to be a bit awkward when they are around. Emily always wore her chestnut brown hair down with a parting down the side of her head and her eyes were coffee tinted. A bit lighter than mine. She's a bit difficult to approach due to her aggressive personality and how she always says the first thing that comes to mind disregarding who the other person is.