Player's Prayer (5)

The girls sat in the gym, watching the basketball players practice. They would help out from time to time, passing out waters or helping them carry certain items. Sarai used it as an excuse to be around a bunch of eye-candy all day, she could careless about the actual sport.  "Ten minute break", the coach announces and the players wasted no time heading to their water bottles. She turns around taking out a water bottle, handing it to Noah. He always asked if she could watch it, he didn't like it sitting on the ground. "Here Mr. Boujie", he laughs at the nickname, gladly taking it.

        "How you doing, pretty", she blushed. He always referred to her as if that was her real name. Even on her worst days, he still called her that. "I'm good, you seem tired as hell though", she chuckles as he nods in agreement. Sitting next to her on the bench, she gets a closer look at him, trying not to stare too hard. His brown skin glistening from the sweat dripping off his body, his muscles clenching as he drinks his water. "I am but its all worth it. We're so close to the playoffs, I can feel it", they've won most of the games this season. There wasn't a doubt they'll make it to playoffs but he wasn't the type to get too cocky.

         Noah always reminded himself that things can go left at any time. "I have faith that you will", she pats his shoulder and smiles down at her in return. She was an absolute goddess to him and many others on this campus. Everyone was scared to approach her but he had a chance. He lightly flirted with her at times just to see how she'll respond. Sometimes she'll say something slick back or just blush, he didn't take it to heart though. "Thanks, umm how would you feel about hanging out with me", he questions.

       She raises an eyebrow, "Depends, what you want to do"

     "I was thinking a skate date and dinner", he suggests as she perks up. "Sounds good to me, text me the date and time."

         He was taken aback but straighten up his facial expression to not show it. "I want to go as soon as possible", he says in all seriousness causing her to laugh. "I'm deadass, this weekend cool with you", she nods in response, excited herself. She loved going on dates, it didn't mean she was taking the dude serious but it was nice to dress up and make memories. Sarai actually thinks Noah is a decent guy so hanging out one on one with him would determine her true judgement. "Its a date, we can set-up the time later", she says looking at the watch. "Your ten minutes is up buddy" she pushes him towards the court and he smirks.

"Purrr my bitch going on dates", Brianna sticks out her tongue, hype about the news. "I can't wait to help you pick out an outfit", she gushes as the four friends sit at a table. They were eating at Outback Steakhouse for dinner since they were tired of dining hall food. "Girl please", Sarai chuckles seeing Kai sitting beside her in confusion.

      Me feasting on her insides wasn't enough, he couldn't believe it. Then again, they weren't a thing so he has no rights. On top of that, it became harder than usual to get a conversation out of her. She blamed on Ryan and Brianna but she knew it had to be deeper than that. "With who", Ryan questions, he was cool with most of the guys on campus so he was curious. Sarai became a sister to him and he would hate to see her being clowned by one of these fools. "Noah", she covers her face to hide her blush.

      Kai scoffs at the mention of that, he hated that Noah was actually a good guy or so he thought. "That's what's up", Ryan nods in approval, dapping her up. "I swear you treat her like she a nigga", Brianna laughs, watching them do a handshake.

     "She act like one half the time", he retorts and Sarai nods in agreement. "You know I be pimping niggas", she flashes her imaginary collar, looking at Kai out the corner of her eye. No one caught it but Kai damn sure did and he could only laugh. Nodding his head, "yeah ight", he says more so to himself seeing how this would end up going. He didn't understand why he was bothered in the first place, they don't even have each other's number or social media. The only way they come in contact is by chance.

Shaking his head, he continues to struggle cutting his steak. Sarai sits next to him, laughing. "You need help", she says, feeling embarrassed for him. Before can respond, she takes the plate and knife, cutting down the middle with ease. "You gotta start at the end, sweetheart", she says looking up at him who rolled his eyes in response. "Niggas can't even cut up their own steak", Ryan jokes and his friend shoots him the middle finger.

      She passes him the plate back and Kai smiles wide like a little kid. "Thanks pretty", he whispers and she blushes lately.

       "No problem handsome", she says above a whisper. It was hard not to flirt back with him at times. He was handsome, one of the finest men on campus. She couldn't help herself, she was a natural flirt. After the performance he gave a few weeks ago, she wouldn't mind keeping him on her radar.

Kai smiles as he eats his small pieces of steak. Just as they seemed to be getting along, a figure walks up to them. Instantly seeing her from afar, he sucks his teeth. Pushing his plate away, he wipes his mouth with a napkin. His appetite slowly going away, "Hey!". Everyone spots Miracle who stands with a wide smile on her face. It was evident that she knew everyone present from the level of comfort in her voice. "Hey Miracle", Sarai says in a cheery tone, that caught Kai off guard. He had no idea that they knew each other, technically it doesn't matter because he's single.

Sarai plays as if she doesn't care but something told him that maybe he had a chance. Something told him that the new girl on his hand would make things more difficult for him. "You've been living life ain't it", Brianna says referring to her extravagant stories. The past few weeks, they had went out like two more times. Every date made him realize that this wouldn't be going anywhere in the future, but Miracle wasn't trynna hear that. "I really have", Miracle replies, meeting eyes with Kai. She didn't say anything but he nodded towards her, acknowledging her presence.

      Sarai peeped the brief stare between them, out of curiosity she decided to stare at his wrist. "He must really like you", she speaks, putting a hand on Miracle's shoulder. "I'm happy for you sis", she eggs her on even more, which confirmed to Kai that she had figured out who lil baby was in his phone. He mentally face palmed himself, knowing that the little play he was getting would be straight out the window. Maybe he was overthinking it. He never knew where they stood and that bothered him.

"Thank you", Miracle covers her face to keep from showing her obvious blushing. The girls giggle in awe at how happy she seems, except Sarai. That ain't even my business, she thinks to herself as she takes out her card. The waitress didn't come over yet but she was done with her food and ready to pay. "I'll pay for you, don't worry about it", Kai speaks up, pushing her arm back in her purse. She gives him a look and simply nods, who's going to complain about saving money?

"Can't wait to find out who the mystery man is", Brianna clasps her hands together.

It ain't that much of a mystery

Sarai shoots her a knowing look and she catches on with an 'O' expression. They threw looks back and forth, communicating with their eyes. Let's just say they had a lot of catching up to do.