Home

Life here in the city is quite busy at times, working, taking care of others, all the factions depend on us for food, so we have to work hard to serve them all. My parents work in the feild most of the day, while me and my brother have to go to school, and after, we watch the little kids, then we work in the feilds.

On weekends, we all switch jobs. When it's my turn to work in the feilds, I have to climb trees with my brother collecting apples, and other fruits. I come home sore, my mussels exhausted and drained, but strong. We all come home tired, we don't really have a house, we live a huge tent in the forest, same as all the other Amity's. Each faction have their own repsonsibility. Erudite, they're smart, they are incharge of improving our citys technology, and experiments. Candor, they're honest, they are incharge for teaching orders. Dauntless, they're brave, they're our warriors, they protect our city. Without them if any conflict occurd we would all be screwed. Abnegation they're selfless, they don't pay attention to themselvs, but to others. They feed the factionless, whom don't belong in any faction. Finally, Amity, which is my faction. We are peaceful, extreamly happy, and are job is to export food for everyone. Sometimes I don't like my faction, I feel as if I'm not good enough, I've always thought of leaving the day we get to choose a new path, but it hurts because I would have to leave my family, my brother, my friends. I would die for them, they're everything to me.

My brothers 14, and I'm 16, which means I will choose this year, choose a different faction, a different personality. I don't know what to pick, I don't even know if I should stay. In a few days, I will have a test, and it will tell me what faction I am, and after, I choose what I feel like I am.

Me and my brother always go on runs through the wood with our dad, he teaches us about nature, and hunting. For some reason, I didn't feel like going with them, so I just stayed home helping my mom cook dinner. My mothers wears a red and orange dress, Amity colours. Her hairs honey brown, almost down to her shoulders, brown eyes. I love her, shes beautiful in every way. My mouths goes dry at the thought that I want to leave her. When I wish I didn't.

"How was school today Anna?" She looks at me with a smile, she always smiles. I love that about her, about everyone, everyone here is happy, and free, and peaceful, thats one of the things I like here. "Great mom, my arms sore of climbing the trees again though, I can't believe Rob is going on a run after all the work today." I say with a laugh. "Ahh, hes a strong young man, hes grown so much it's unbelieveable, so have you. You both are so strong, and brave to climb those tall trees." She looks away into the woods, her smile fades, I look down at the meat I'm cutting and for a second I wonder if shes thinking the same thing as me... Of us Being brave. "Honey, you know me and your father love you so much, whatever you choose, I will still be your mother, and I will always love you." She looks back at me, smiles, and leans in to kiss my forehead. "I love you mom, so much." I say when I look into her bright eyes. I can't leave my family, the people I love, the people I grew up living with. There is another part of me telling me to leave, to explore another part of me, I want to, I do. But I'm not sure if I can.

++++

Thank you so much for reading!
Sorry that this chapters kinda short, but I wanted to leave it were it is. I picked Amity because it's the second faction I got in my test. Thank you guys for the support on the other fanfiction, sadly I didn't want to continue because I felt as if the story was going the wrong way, and it didn't fit. Here, I started fresh, and now I can't wait to continue with this journey!
Remember, be brave. -Dauntlessreact 😘💕