27

Reyna could feel his breath on her skin, his words sending a chill down her spine. She knew exactly what he was suggesting. It was a dangerous path to take, but it gave her the power.

She pulled away, meeting Seth's gaze. "And what do you gain from this, Seth?" she questioned, a note of scepticism in her voice.

His lips curled into a subtle smile. "I gain a Luna who understands true power and desire, someone who understands this dance of dominance between the wolves and the gods. Together, we could turn the tide of time."

It was an unconventional idea to consider: the notion of a female having three mates. But she found the thought of having all three Alphas completely to herself was a thought surprisingly agreeable. She suppressed the smile tugging at her lips and casually scratched her nose.

"For the runner to work, it'll have to be small," Reyna said, closing her eyes to focus on the task at hand. "You'll have to be out in the storm with me; your wolf needs the high anyway. Step back."

Seth complied, stepping away as she harnessed her elemental power. The dome faded away, and the unleashed wind howled around them, tousling her hair in the raging storm. She went to work, shaping a runner reminiscent of the Krelon runner destroyed by the avalanche. The swirling snow transformed into spirals of creativity under her command, moulding the ice into a sleek, functional form.

The runner took shape, supported by four sturdy, heavy wheels fit for Ator's speed. As her eyes opened, she considered the possibility of crafting it entirely from earth or wood but immediately dismissed it as impossible.

With her hands on her hips, she examined the runner with a satisfied smile.

"Looks terrific. Wise thinking with those heavy wheels," Seth said, his voice carrying over the howling wind.

Now, Reyna mulled over Seth's suggestion again. The possibility of splitting the territories and not having to choose one Alpha. Wielding such influence and potentially uniting the divided territories was enticing, but the price and the true extent of Seth's motives remained unclear.

"You haven't said anything to what I said," Seth reminded her.

"Forgive me but I hardly have the time to both consider your proposal and collude." She smiled. "Let them know we're ready to move."

Reyna walked over to the runner and tugged the makeshift door open, the sound of Seth retreating into the cave reaching her ears. She examined the hinges of the runner. Instead of constructing it entirely from ice scabs, perhaps she could try to shape it into a metallic form to reinforce it.

"Worth a shot," she murmured to herself, stepping back to start anew.

With another breath, she connected to her frost element. Dissolving the runner entirely, she kept her eyes wide open this time and used her hands. The frost became her medium as she forged chains, her hands moving with precision, shaping the frost into a semblance of glazed metal, both in texture and appearance.

When she finished, the result resembled polished clumps of reinforced steel chains wound together. The heavy wheels remained intact. Walking over to the door, she placed her hand on the brown-stained runner, lighting it up. The flames danced along the glazed metal, casting an ethereal glow as she exhaled a satisfied breath at her elemental craftsmanship.

"That looks incredible!" Roth's voice boomed from behind her as he led the others out towards her.

"I'd say. Looks better than our runner," Quinn chuckled.

Reyna beamed with pride, pulling the door open and holding it, welcoming them into the splendid runner. One after another, they hurried into the beautiful craft, featuring only windows in the front and back. With the Embers burning all over, they would find warmth until they successfully made it past the storm.