"petty wishes"

Kah sat in his room, eyes dialated in the dim light. His mind was wandering through thick forest bushes, thorns and twigs scraping and scarring his non-existent figure. He enjoyed this small fantasy of his, a place he could run to when everything else got too much.
  Just as he was about to lay down and rest he heard a knock at the door. Sighing, he got up and opened to door to be greeted with a familiar face.
  The divine priest before him look scarily similar to himself. A single eye, feathery wings, twisted and cracked horns that curved into what one could roughly describe a halo... It was a physical standard for most divine preist and messengers of Aktuma. Really the only difference was her slightly larger and masculine build.
  "Hi! Hope I'm not intruding, but I wanted to tell you something important!" She chirped. Kah stared at her for a moment. He could never truly get how she always managed to be so cheery and happy. Yes, she had that certain mad glint in her eye but it was quite easy to miss. To any other passer-by, she was just an especially happy Soul.
  "Oh, uhm... Of course you're not intruding, Sophie. You never would. It's... Good to see you. Come in." Kah said. He stepped to the side and allowed Sophie to inside. She observed the room as she always did and took a seat at Kah's desk.
  "So!" She started, "I just got some important info from our favorite Lost Soul!"
  Taikoh, a mutual friend of Kah and Sohpie, was something divine being often referred to as a 'Lost Soul'. They were, essentially, Souls without a physical body to possess. Sophie had been obsessed with learning more about certain places that only Lost Souls could travel.
  "Apparently, Souls only end up in The Forest once they've completed their purpose in life! Isn't that cool? So, for example, someone is put on Earth to invent a machine! They'll go through however many lives as needed until they finally have the knowledge and resources to make it!" Sophie finished.
  Kah sat and stared at her. This sounded like a plausible theory but...
  His minded wandered for a moment. Taikoh always told Sophie of all these amazing things yet Kah was the last to know. Everytime. It's not like they weren't familiar, Kah was the one to introduce the two.
  "Well-" Kah started, but was cut off with a sharp knock.
  "Come in!" Sophie said instinctively.
-
-
-
(a/n: this was exactly 420 words excluding this note haha nice