Chapter six

"Mh monic .. that's a pretty name," Axe said as we walked together in the hall. We had the same next class too! Just saying this so you guys won't be thinking anything.

"It's monić the c at the end sounds like an S," I told him as we continued to walk.

"Hm, even prettier. A pretty name for a pretty girl." He said smiling, making me (hypothetically) blush.

"Shut up Axe," I said as I playfully hit his arm.

"Mh make me." He said with a daring voice.

I don't know what got into me at that moment but I pulled him down... by his hoodie strings and pecked him on the lips. Then I pulled back.

Then he pecked

Then me

Him

Me

Him

Me

Make out sesh in the middle of the hallway.

"Monić! Ohhh you're getting going already! First Isaiah now Axe!" Lani said loud enough for me and definitely Ace to hear. Making him back away.

"Thanks, I need my cuz for a sec anyway then you can have her again," Lani said grabbing my arm and pulling me to a corner.

"Lani! What was that for? I already told you nothing happened between me and Isaiah!" I whisper and shouted.

"Yeah well, you can't say that about Alex! You were just kissing him!" Lani whispered back.

"I never tried saying that with Axe, I know what I did!" I whispered.

"Well, don't."

"Don't you have a boyfriend?"

"Alana likes him"

"Did he make a move on her?"

"No-"

"So let me be"

And with that, I walked away. I know hypocrite right? You don't have to say it.

Science was weird. Axe saved me a seat but when I sat down he didn't say anything let alone look my way.

So I decided to talk to him.

"Was it the kiss?" I asked after five minutes of poking him.

He shrugged.

"You know nothing happened between Isaiah and me right?"

"Why would I care about that?"

"I don't know it's just you stopped talking to me when Lani said well you know that."

"Maybe I'm trying to pay attention."

"Nothing is going on."

"Maybe I'm-"

"What's really going on?"

"Why would I tell you?"

"Because we're friends."

"I haven't even known you for two hours and now suddenly we're friends? You're being delusional." He said as he grabbed his bag and left. Leaving me there hurt.

He confused me. I mean yes we didn't know each other and I mean he did just meet me but he knew me enough to kiss me? He was my first kiss and that meant something to me but apparently, it meant nothing to him.

"Psst new girl." I heard a voice say taking me out of my thoughts. For the better I guess.

"Monić actually... use my name," I replied bitterly. Ok, I know not the best thing to do when someone was trying to talk to you but I was hurt... and I don't even know why it's not like I knew him.

"Oh... um, Monić... don't worry about Axe he's just jealous he'll come to his senses sooner or later." The girl said making me feel worse about my bitterness toward her.

"Yeah... hey I'm... I'm sorry for you know my little outburst." I replied the guilt just eating me up.

"It's cool you were mad. Waverly by the way." She said holding her hand out for me to shake and I accepted gracefully.

Half the day had passed and me and Ve had mostly every class together. She soon informed me that Axe also had those classes with us but for some reason, he was skipping. Sadly we didn't have the same lunch... very sad because I didn't know anyone at lunch.

"Hey new girl, come sit with us!" A girl said waving her hand in the air to get my attention. Shrugging I walked over but before I made it to the table someone grabbed my arm.

"Don't," was all he said.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't"

"Don't what?"

"Don't sit at that table."

"You ignored me all day and now suddenly you want to talk to me."

"I'm warning you don't." He said before he let go of my hand leaving me there.

"New girl!" The girl screamed again and I was torn. I could sit with them and ignore Axe's warning or I could have no place to sit but listen to the warning.

Slowly I smiled before I sat down at the girl's table.