CHAPTER 7 - RUNAWAY

Roses pedals can blow away in the wind but the rose can grow back more

How did I end up in this situation? The little motherfucker wasn't lying when he said I was trapped here? He's so confusing, he's the one who discarded and now he won't let me go

How did I end up in this situation? The little motherfucker wasn't lying when he said I was trapped here? He's so confusing, he's the one who discarded and now he won't let me go. How ironic, I don't have time for this I need to escape, now.

I have been studying Levi's Manor he has 35 windows, 46 rooms, and 6 doors with potential exit routes.  My room doesn't have a balcony I could jump off of but it does have a window I could crawl through. I managed to slide it open but I can't leave yet I must wait until nighttime so that Levi or Jacob don't notice.

I didn't realize before but all the staff members here are trained. I felt it when the maid passed me my lunch I felt the roughness in her hand even a maid doesn't have that much work to make her hand that rough, she knows how to fight.

Levi and Jacob left, they went to investigate a lead they had. Levi has his people working on finding Ryder Simmons. I thought he would let me leave so I can continue my investigation but I was wrong. I managed to explore half of the manor but the other half remains unknown.

Levi prevented me from going to the west side of the estate. He has his staff watching my every move, I only get privacy when I'm in my room. There are two guards outside my door and 1 guard beneath my window.

He knows I would try to escape.

I sit here devising my plan as the sun slowly sets down. Levi will be back soon I must leave before he gets here. I can't stay here he won't let me do anything useful.  He thinks I'm some useful tool S needs and doesn't want me to get into the wrong hands. Kinda sounds like he cares about me but  I know him better than that, I'm just a chess piece in his little game.

I look down from my window and see the guard still there. It's nighttime now. I slowly open the window hoping he won't hear it. I put my legs through and lower the lower half of my body until I feel the edge of the wall. My stomach is facing the wall. My toes barely hold onto the ledge. I grab the window for support and I manage to turn my body around so that my back is to the wall.

The floor is about 20 feet down, not too bad. I jumped down from worse. I make sure I am right on top of the guard and let go. My body glides down gracefully until it slams into the guard. I groan once I sit up, I look over and see the guard laying on the ground. I must have knocked him out. I grab his gun and take off his jacket to put it on.

I am wearing shorts and a tank top so the breeze is making me feel cold. I walk over to the edge of the wall and peek over. I don't see anyone. There must be a way I can leave without being detected. I walk around the house making sure my footsteps aren't heard, I avoid windows and stick too close to the wall.

I soon spot a garage, the door is open allowing me to see inside. I'm not a car person but I'm guessing these cars are expensive.

I count 12

I'll hot-wire one of these cars. I walk over to a red car and the elbow window causes the glass to shatter. I instantly hear footsteps come towards me.

Shit, I was too loud.

I hide behind the car, I hear the footsteps come closer. I peek over and see a maid. She goes into her pocket and takes out a knife. Damn looks like I was right these are trained staff members.

I quickly get out from behind the car and grab her wrist. She swipes her knife at me giving me the chance to grab her other wrist. Her arms are crossed in front of me, I pull her towards me with as much strength as I can and head bud her.

She falls to the ground like a bag of bricks. I wince and touch my forehead, that hurt like a bitch. I open the door to the car and get in, after 2 minutes I manage to start the engine.

It's time to leave

I know once I leave, Levi will look for me and if he finds me he won't go easy on me but I don't think of that right now. All I need to worry about is finding out the truth about me. Starting with that address Mr.Mortifer gave me.

I remember what he said "Find...them ....they will know what to do "

It feels like yesterday when he said that, I remember how I felt. I was in so much pain yet all I could feel was the feeling of my heart slowly breaking apart. A part of me wishes I could stay but I vowed to never trust again.

Me and Jacob are at a meeting we are discussing our plan to find S and figure out what he could want from Alexia

Me and Jacob are at a meeting we are discussing our plan to find S and figure out what he could want from Alexia. My men were shocked to find out she was still alive. I told them a brief explanation of everything that has happened in the past few days.

Kai Streaker, Josh Simmons the files, and Alexia's blood. I have never received this much information on the murder of my parents and it's all because of her. I'll admit, Alexia isn't a little girl anymore, she is a woman now and she takes pride in showing it. But she's reckless and doesn't understand how to work with others.

"I want you to gather information on the Mortifer and Solaria bloodline. Look for medical records and any feuds our families had with anyone." I say

Jacob sits next to me he has the files in his hands.
He puts it on the table "See if any of  this info connects with whatever you may find " he says

I have been at this meeting for a few hours. I am exhausted but I am getting close to finding out the truth, I feel it. I stand up and get ready to leave. Suddenly I feel a vibration in my pocket, I take out my phone and answer the call.

"B-Boss the woman has escaped" One of my men nervously exclaimed.

"What do you mean she has escaped?" I ask coldly.

"S-she stole one of the cars and left the Manor, one of the guards and one maid are knocked out wha-!"

I hang up the phone before they can say anything else. She managed to sneak by all of my trained staff members undetected and only needed to take two out. I seemed to have underestimated her. I don't know if I should be impressed or pissed.

"Jacob get my men we need to find Alexia" I order

Jacob gives me a confused look but doesn't say anything other than "On it, boss"

Alexia wants to play hide and seek so I'll play hide and seek. She will regret running away. That girl doesn't know how to follow any damn orders.