2/2

"Sweetheart, slow down, the food isn't going anywhere," Zee shakes his head and wipes away the pasta sauce on Nunew's chin.

"Hmm," the smaller responds briefly without taking his eyes off the truffle rose pasta. It's almost two o'clock and they haven't had anything to eat since yesterday night, so he isn't just hungry, he's downright ravenous.

He has a certain Hia to thank for that actually.

They were supposed to go out for breakfast, the sun had just risen, the birds were chirping hinting the start of a new day and though the heavy blinds had blocked all the lights out of the room, Nunew had awoken early to prepare for their little breakfast date.

But Zee, on the other hand, had another plan— which was to stay in bed a little longer and cuddle more with his husband. Usually, Zee would be an early riser but on that day, he felt particularly lazy to do anything else than be in bed with Nunew.

"Let's cuddle some more," he had said, voice still raspy from a deep sleep, eyes slowly fluttering open. He tightened his arms around the younger's waist, caging him inside his embrace.

"But Hia, what about breakfast?"

"Look, love, it's still early and we have plenty of time," he pointed lazily to the wall, the digital clock showing a few minutes past 8.

"But—"

"One hour and we'll get up, I promise."

"One hour only, alright? Then we'll go get breakfast?"

Zee nodded and pecked him on the cheek before dozing back to slumber the next second.

Nunew squirmed in his embrace and placed his head on the latter's chest, slowly listening to the steady heartbeat while tracing random patterns on his arms.

Bored, he grabbed his phone to play some games to kill the time.

Somehow, Nunew had also fallen asleep, the phone abandoned on his side and by the time they got up, it was already noon.

Nunew had whined from their home all the way to the mall when he learned that Zee had woken up an hour afterwards as promised, but he let Nunew continue his sleep instead of waking him up.

"You were sleeping so peacefully like an angel, my baby angel, how do I even dare to bother you?" he excused.

Nunew grunts grumpily in response, red tint slowly adorning his cheeks before turning to face the window, hiding a smile. "Tch, sweet talker."

Back at the restaurant, Nunew takes his time to finish his little cup of a Korean fusion trifle— as instead of being layered with all sorts of berries and a strawberry jam, they added dried persimmon and clementine puree, giving it a sweet and sour taste that is different but still feels familiar.

The trifle quickly makes its way up his favourite dessert list.

He gradually empties the little cup and leans back on his chair, continuously tapping his tummy in happiness for having the chance to enjoy such a great dessert. He should have a chat with the chef later to thank them for inventing such indulgence— maybe even ask them what their secret recipe is by chance.

He cocks his head to the side and blinks confusedly when a female server comes forward to put another cup of trifle in front of him.

"Excuse me, I think you got the wrong table, miss. I've gotten mine alrea—"

"I ordered an extra for you, Nhu," Zee cuts him off and nods to the server, excusing her.

"Wait why—"