( CHAPTER FIVE - MISSING THE KNIGHT )

[ act i - forced to love ]
CHAPTER FIVE
( missing the knight )

———— WHEN RHAELYS FOUND OUT ABOUT SER HARWIN, she didn't eat for a week

———— WHEN RHAELYS FOUND OUT ABOUT SER HARWIN, she didn't eat for a week. The news was sudden and unexpected to the princess, once it was explained to her why he was leaving she still didn't understand. She didn't understand why such a man was being punished for no reason, the young girl clung to his uniform, her face on the cold metal of his chest while her tears stained her face.

"I will visit you, my sun" Ser Harwin told the girl and rubbed the sides of her head as he held her face, his lips kissed the top of her head and she closed her eyes in comfort. "I promise" he finished and squeezed her shoulders.

Rhaelys chocked on her tears, when she moved her head away from his hands and buried herself in his chest. "But you haven't done anything wrong?" her voice cracked in pain.

Jace, who was also stood next to her, looked at his older sister. It was only the second time he'd seen her cry, the first being when their younger brother Lucerys was born and Rhae was the first to hold him. But these were different tears, the first were happy, content tears; these are tears of pure pain.

"No, i haven't" Harwin responded to her, and looked up to see even Rhaenyra was about to shed a tear for the knight. As he stood and hugged their mother, Rhaelys held onto to both of her brothers hands, Luke gripping her arm as-well and leaning his face on her sleeve with Jace letting Rhae lay her head on his shoulder.

Laenor came from behind his children and put his arm around all of them, Rhaelys turned quickly to hug him tight. Harwin looked to them from next to Rhaenyra, knowing the young girl was his true daughter hurt him even more having to leave her. The man touched Laenor's shoulder and the two fathers met each others eyes and shared a nod— knowing they shared children it was a nod of gratitude and respect for them both, a nod to look after the children they share while one father leaves.

When Ser Harwin left Rhaelys cried more then anything, she couldn't stop crying for almost a month. It wasn't until she was flying dragon back that she realised how pointless it was; crying, it didn't bring him back, it didn't send her to him and it certainly didn't make her feel better. So she forced herself to stop, when she left her mother to fly with Vermithor she was still sobbing, when she landed she was silent— her tears had now dried and vanished since Rhaenyra last saw her.

Rhaelys soon realised that crying only showed weakness, showed how much you cared for someone and how fragile you are now they are gone. So she sworn to never cry again, not only about Ser Harwin but at all. When the news of Laena Velaryon's death came it challenged the girl's commitment to herself, it was her fathers sister and her aunt. Although they rarely met when they did Laena always treated Rhaelys as another daughter, another young girl to cherish she liked to think. As Rhaelys was such like Laena's mother Rhaenys the two got on like no other, so it did hurt her when she found out of the death.

But as she stood next to her brothers and holding her fathers hand she didn't feel sad, she felt empty. Baela told Rhaelys how her mother died when the cousins met at the funeral, this only lifted any sadness she felt knowing it was her aunts choice to go and that she was with her child, just like Rhaelys' grandmother— Aemma Targaryen who died in childbirth.

The entire funeral Rhaelys stood alone with Ser Ivar, he didn't know many people in the Targayen family but those who lived in the castle. So he was grateful for the young girl to stay with him, "It's silly isn't it, a funeral" Rhaelys spoke as she turned and looked up to her guard.

The man's brow raised up to her confused, "How is it silly?" he asked the young princess. They had known each other now for four months and over that time Ser Ivar realised the maturity the ten and two year old had, it surprised him.

"Well she's dead, mourning and crying for her won't bring her back. It will only make it hurt more when you see everyone else cry, makes you realise he won't come back" she said, staring at the distance of the long sea before realising what she said, "i meant she" Rhaelys corrected herself.

When she looked up at Ser Ivar again he was smiling down on her, he was quick to realise that her father was in fact not the Velaryon she took the name of but instead Ser Strong who made the guard swear on his sword he would protect her. "I think, if you feel that way you have more growing up to do then i thought" he replied and the girl rolled her eyes in response.

As Ser Ivar stared away from the princess he caught eye of another staring back at her, Aegon stared at his niece as if she was gold. The drink in his hand was no comparison to the effect Rhaelys had on him, "I think you have an admirer, princess" Ivar spoke and nudged the Rhaelys' shoulder to make her look.

As Rhaelys looked over she saw her uncle, sitting on one of the benches near the wall, over looking the sea. He stared at her although she had already caught him, the girl wanted to be mad at him for something she didn't know of yet, maybe it was all the anger she felt for losing her father and now her aunt was all able to release when around him— she didn't like that feeling. "Why are you staring at me?" she asked the older boy as she now stood in front of him, hands held in front of her looking down at him.

Aegon didn't answer, he smiled to her before shifting over on the bench making room for her and then looking towards the sea. Rhaelys looked from the space on the bench to her uncle, before sighing and sitting next to him, "4 moons" he muttered under his breath.

"Pardon?" Rhaelys frowned looking to him, her head almost turned down to meet his eyeline.

"4 moons, and you'll be my wife" Aegon spoke clearly and turned to her, his eyes now revealed to her with a glossy cover. He had been crying she thought, her face softened.

Rhaelys nodded to him, her uncle now looked away from her, as if him facing her reminded him of the marriage that would happen not long after this event. It made Rhaelys feel hurt at the thought of being married to her hurt him so much, was she really that horrid. "We'll make it work, the marriage" she said, placing her hand on his arm rubbing it slightly.

Aegon looked back at her, then looking down at her hand on his arm making her shake her head and remove it. He missed her touch though, placing the cup on the floor and holding her hands in his he looked into her eyes, "i'm apologising now for the cursed and depressing years i'll bring you in the future, i'm no husband, i'm barely a man but i promise you Rhaelys i will never hurt you. please, remind me that i will never hurt you" his voice was very stern, making sure she believed him.

The younger girl nodded, thought her uncle in this state scared her, never knowing what emotion he'd portray next due to the amount of alcohol he had consumed terrified her. And he knew this, he could tell from the way her eyes would widen when he touched her and her brows would frown at every word he spoke.

SISSY SPEAKS;

sooooo it's been a while, anyway i am back now cuz i've missed rhaelys sm

me after being gone for months