Survivors of Vos

Starscream the first, the prince of Vos boredly looked out of his window to the scene below him.

The sun up in the sky made everything shine in the city, and the cloud sea below their level slowly changed from sudden wind blows, only to make new, but still very similar forms. Between the high, white-colored metal buildings, that were the average living spaces in the city-state, jets flew across sometimes in a hurry. 

This scene could amaze every normal bot from other parts of Cybertron, but to the prince, it was boring. 

Every day had the same routine. Same duties, same boring war meetings, same servants with the same, fake expressions.

Only a little femme, a small piece of sunshine made his days a little bit better.

"My prince, are you ready?" To the sound of the sweet but respectful voice, the mech's dermas turned into a smile.

He didn't turn to the voice. He loved to tease her with his lack of interest.

"Would you please remind me, why should I go to this council's meeting this time?"

"Because your sire wants you to be next to him. You have to learn how to lead the city when the time will come to your reign, and you have to take responsibility for the residents of Vos."

"I rather stay in my quarters."

The owner of the voice grabbed his shoulder and turned him around to look into his optics.  Starscream found himself before the charming, purple-armored seeker femme, who looked quite annoyed with her endlessly twitching wings.

"Your sire ordered me to take you by force if you are disobeying him." The femme's wing fluttered again.

Starscream chuckled and leaned his back to the window.

"Wow, somebody is grumpy today. Everything is okay, Darkwing?"

The little seeker glanced to the side of the room, where another one of the royal guard bots stood silently, staring into the void senselessly, but she knew that the bot could attack them if he want to before they could even react. She didn't trust the guards. As Starscream's bodyguard, it was her job to not trust anybody who was near her prince.

"The downtown fell into the claws of the Autobots, my prince." She said in a quiet and hesitant tone.

Starscream finally looked at her seriously.

"Did you have somebody there? We can send down a ship to rescue them."

"No, I just..." She clenched her fists and her wings twitched again. "I'm worried. I fear that the fights will reach upper Vos too. I don't want you to get hurt in this war, my prince."

The prince silently waved to the guard to leave the room, and when the door slide back to its place after the bot, he put one of his servo around the femme's waist.

"Trust me, I will not get hurt until you are by my side."

The femme's optics widened from the surprise.

"My prince..."

"We've talked about this." The mech pulled her closer to himself, erasing the last gap between them. "When we are alone, you can call me by my name."

She looked around to be sure that they are alone, then in the next second, a bright smile came across on her faceplate when she put her digits on the side of Starscream's helm and softly kissed the crown prince.