Prologue

note:

hello! this is my first official sunsun story. i am so excited to post it. i have almost drafted the whole thing and i cannot believe how attached i am to it already! i have had this idea for the longest time, but until now i got to seriously work on it. i really hope you enjoy it and stay with me throughout this journey. i will be adding more tags as i go along so i don't spoil too much of the story right away.

so read and enjoy <3

prologue

It felt wrong.

It all felt so wrong to Sunghoon at that moment. He watched as the water dripped down from the sky, as the water drops fell on top of their heads and down their face. His vision blurred from the endless tears, yet he still could see how beautiful Sunoo looked under the dark sky. With the moon high up, not caring about anyone other than her, it shone brightly over the two. He reached out for Sunoo's hand, knowing very well the other would just pull back. It broke his heart, the way Sunoo looked at him with sadness, the way his lips pouted, the way his eyes darkened. Sunghoon still tried, still tried to reach out, to explain why he had said what he did. Yet he was faced with the ultimate disappointment when Sunoo shuffled backwards.

"I don't want to hear it hyung." He was angry, Sunghoon could tell. Yet his voice flowed like honey, his words sweet. "I know what you are going to say. I know you didn't mean it... But it still hurts."

Sunghoon knew it hurt. His hands trembled remembering the words that had flown out of his mouth, "He is so disgusting, I can't even stand his presence." His heart ached because he truly didn't know why, despite everything they had already done, Sunghoon couldn't come to terms with himself. And it return, that always ended up hurting poor Sunoo, who Sunghoon knew had done nothing wrong. He was sorry to always drag him down with him, because fucking Kim Sunoo had to always be there whenever Sunghoon fell down. He desperately wanted to know why... but he was also so scared to understand the reason.

"But I did."

However I was never talking about you, I was talking about myself.

There was silence between the two boys. The rain poured down on them as they stood still. Sunghoon was sure he had hurt Sunoo. He knew too well that Sunoo was confused, conflicted, angry and disappointed. It was too easy to read him.

"What?" He asked, searching Sunghoon's eyes for some sort of uncertainty. Hoping, praying that what Sunghoon had said was all a lie. But Sunghoon looked straight down, knowing that if Sunoo searched his eyes, he would find nothing but the truth. He too was easy to read.

"I'm sorry." Is all he managed, while he closed his eyes. "I'm sorry Sunoo."

I'm sorry because I cannot admit that it is not you I find disgusting, it's me. I am sorry I cannot stand the thought of loving you!

Sunghoon could only watch, as the younger boy turned to leave. He could only watch as his friend started moving away, not even once looking at back at Sunghoon. That day his heart broke, he was sure. Was it a goodbye? What would happen to them now? But Sunghoon couldn't bring himself to call after Sunoo, he couldn't even move as he watched the sun run away from the moon. Leaving it dull, cold and lonely.

But it was for the best... right?

note:

as you can see, i've only posted the prologue now, because i didn't want ao3 to delete my draft hehehe. it's not too long, but i didn't want to overexpose the plot just yet. don't worry because i'll be posting the full version of chapter one + the prologue soon!

how did you like the little snippet? 0.0

hearts and comments are appreciated!