Chapter 2: promise

***((((((((((Ten years later))))))))))***

Mal was running to the store to get some bread and milk for his mother, he was tired when he arrived. "How may I help you kid"? Said the salesman. "I need milk and bread". Said mal. "That would be 8 coins". Said the salesman. "Here". Says mal as he gives him the coins. "Thank you". Mal says as he runs back home. He arrives home and gives his mom the milk and bread. "Thanks for going to the store for me mal". She said. "Your welcome mummy". He said. The mom approached to him and sat him down in her lap. "I'm going to tell you something that happened when you were a baby". She said. Mal nodded. "Mal...you have a sister". She said. "Really? Then how come Ive never seen her before?" He asked. "When you two were laying down in the bed as babies, a guard from the palace came and took her away from us". She said. Mal had a disappointed look in his face. "Why?" He asked. Our town and palace was in danger because of the demon prince trying to destroy it, your sister was born with a special voice, so she got selected to be the note." She said. "What is the note"? Mal asks. "The note is someone who is sent deep into a forest, in a cave where the prince lives and has to sing to the prince to keep him from destroying the town and palace". She said. "I wish to go see my sister". Said mal. "I wish to see her too but I don't know in what part of the forest she is." She said. Tears ran down the mom's face. "I just wish I can see her again". She said as tears ran down her cheeks. "You will see her again". Mal said. "How? She must stay there forever". She said. Mal stood up and looked at his mother. "When I grow up I will kill the prince and bring my sister back safely. I promise". Mal said. A smile appeared on his mothers face. "Would you really do that?" She asked. "Yes". Said mal. "And I won't give up until i find her". He says. The mother huggs him tightly while smiling. "Mom, can you train me how to fight with a sword"? He asked. "Why"? Asked the mother. "So I can fight the prince and protect you and my sister". He said. "Ok, I'll teach you". She said. She grabbed to plastic swords and started teaching him how to use the sword. As the years went by, Mal was getting better and better at using the sword. He also grew stronger. Finding his sister is the only thing he is focused on.