This is the whole story

"If love is true, could it break through any barrier? Could it heal people? And most importantly, is it... really true?"

Long, long ago, there was a place called 'The Demon Realm'. As per the name, that place was filled with demons of all sorts. Demons... When you hear of that word, what pops in your mind? Red creatures with wings and horns? No, you're wrong. Demons take the form of attractive beings. They blend into their surroundings, hiding their true identity. Only then can they attract humans. Unlike any other monsters, demons are cunning and sly. Instead of feeding on blood or flesh, the real thing that can satisfy a demon's hunger are emotions. Demons tend to suck out emotions from human beings until they are just a body without a soul.

Demons used to invade our world. They kidnap and even kill humans in search for food or just for fun. After a while of enduring, humans finally decided to put their foot down and fight back. Enough was enough! That was when an organisation formed. Strong warriors and intelligent scientists were gathered. Together, they made the 'Demon's Blade' organisation. Whenever demons would invade, they would stand up and protect the lives of others. However, compared to the strength and magic that the demons possess, theirs were nothing.

Somehow, the members of 'Demon's Blade' managed to make an agreement with the demons. Every year, they would send 100 cattle, 100 sheep and a human to their realm. And in return, they wouldn't invade. After months of fighting, they finally settled the deal.

However, just like us, humans, there were still some demons who wouldn't honour the deal. They would secretly hunt humans. Hence, the organisation continued. For generations, the successors of the 'Demon's Blade' would lead armies to protect the south border.

"OWWWW!"

"Hold on Eva, hold on! Please!"

"IT HURTSSSSS!"

"DOCTOR, QUICKLY!"

On a winter night, Eva, the wife of the current leader named Victor, went into labour. At that time, they were at the camp near the border. It was midnight when she screamed in pain.

"AHHHHH! THE BABY! IT'S COMING!"

After four hours of howling in pain, she finally gave birth to her baby. "Hah..." she gasped for air "My baby!". Victor handed the crying baby to his wife with happy tears in his eyes. "What will you name her?" he asked. "Hm..." she carried and hugged the baby "Raven, I'll name her Raven.". Victor chuckled. "Raven... Welcome to this world." he said with a warm tone.

"SIR, MA'AM!"

A soldier whose clothes were covered in blood ran into their camp. Both Eva and Victor immediately knew what was going on. A demon had attacked! "Stay here!" ordered Victor to Eva "I'll settle this!".

"Be careful!"

Victor quickly took his sword and rushed outside. Eva was left hugging her baby tight. "It's okay, your father will handle this..." she said with an unsure tone. They could never know what will happen next in situations like this...

"BEHIND YOU!"

"SIR!"

"CHARGE!"

"GO AWAY!"

"It's ok..." she reminded her baby "It's gone be just fine...". Suddenly, the white curtain that was covering the tent ripped open. "What?!" shrieked Eva. Victor fell behind. He was covered with blood from head to toe. "Eva..." he said in a weak voice "Go, run awa-". Before he could finish, a demon leapt on him and pinned him to the ground. The demon raised his hand and a knife formed. Before the demon could push the knife to Victor, Eva leaped forward and used her own body to protect Victor. In the end, the knife was stabbed in her shoulder. "ARGH!" she screamed in pain. "EVA!" Victor screamed "NO!". In fury, Victor took out the knife from Eva's shoulder and stabbed the demon in his face. The demon roared in pain before slowly disappearing into thin air.