Tied Down

It was just my first morning at this school, but the sound of the bell dragging me out of sleep annoyed the hell out of me. Without getting out of bed, I looked the other side and Fred was smartly dressed in his school uniform. He had on a white shirt spearheaded by a maroon tie with white stripes, a maroon jacket with the school logo on the top left corner, a black trouser and black socks with two maroon stripes at the top.

'Did you gel your hair?' I asked sitting up straight. He gave me a sly grin then looked away. 'He does this all the time,' Gerald answered knotting his tie while still in his boxers. I stood up and looked at Miguel whose hands were crossed and his eyes were closed. He looked like he was dead. 'Does he always sleep like this?' I asked.

'Do you always ask this many questions when you wake up?' He asked before he dragged himself up like he just rose from the dead.
' Touché, and no I don't,' I said feeling attacked.
'Your uniform came in a few minutes ago,' Gerald said,
'Madison brought it,'Fred blushed. That was sweet of her. Fred handed it over and I began to dress up.

Not as I expected, the uniform fit perfectly. With Maddie's habit of embarrassing me in front of our parents, I expected different and by different I mean ugly buggy clothes with a different colored tie. I put my hands in the jacket pockets and felt a paper in it. I removed it and it was a note to me from her and so I read it. It said: 'I hope I picked the right size. Make sure you pull that curly hair back, there's a rubber band in the other pocket, use that to attach it together. Also make sure you look presentable. I'll meet you at your locker, it's the first one after the school map. Look presentable!'

I folded it back to the way it was and put my hand in the other pocket and pulled out a small black rubber band. I stared at it and stretched it a bit.

Fred got closer to me and stared at the band in amazement. 'May I see it?' He asked sounding astonished. I looked at him awkwardly and agreed, 'Um, sure why not,' I said presenting the rubber band to him. He quickly put his hand in my pocket and pulled out the letter then quickly walked away unfolding it. 'i hope I picked the right size,' he began reading it. I pressed my fingers into my hair then pulled it back and made a bun.

' Look presentable,' he finished reading. ' Is it that you never look presentable orrr?'
'It's not that, she just always expects me to be in my best attires everytime I meet up with her in public.'
'High class,' He said with a submissive tone. I looked at him and slowly grabbed the letter from him.

I sat on my bed and isolated myself from everyone for a bit to think, but got distracted by the sound of the bell. 'This is 06 41, what on earth is that for?' Gerald asked quizzingly as he packed his books into his bag.
'Assembly reminder, it starts in twenty minutes' Miguel said adjusting his neck tie.
'I have to get going then,' I said getting off my bed and heading for the door, ' I'll see you guys later.'
'Wait, before you leave,' Fred said reducing the amount of gel in his hair with a cloth. Quickly, he dropped the cloth and rushed towards me. ' we're leaving together,' he said nonchalantly. I looked at him and shrugged, 'Sure, why not,' I said and we both went out the room.

Why did this school have so many doors and hallways? If it wasn't for Fred, I would have not made it out to the main hallway.

From a distance I saw Maddie standing by one of the lockers - which I believe one was mine - talking to a guy who leaned on the other locker next to her. 'Why do I feel like she is cheating on me?' Fred asked now looking firm, but unsteady. The guy saw me then said something to her that made her turn to look at me. She looked back at him and hugged him then he let go of her and walked away.

I looked at Fred and his face was grim. He looked like a whole different person. ' well you seem to be enjoying yourself,' I said and she turned around and looked at me. Her uniform brought out an entirely different person from the one I knew. She wore a maroon shirt with a white bowtie strapped with white lines, a skirt very high above her knees exposing her thighs. Her shirt was tucked into it. Her black stockings covered up her legs until her knees, making her entire outfit on point. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail, but two groups of hair dropped down to her face until her jawline. She literally looked like a baddie Barbie doll.