The Book Fair 📖

"Good morning" a raspy voice whispered in my ear. "C-Cas?" I asked and groped over the bed sheet "No, I'm here" Castiel laughed and took off his pajama shirt. "What time is it?" I asked while draping my forearm over my face to fight off the morning light. Castiel, who was just reaching for his wristwatch, puzzled while he tried in vain to read the clock "oh those damn clocks... quarter past ten! It's quarter past ten".
"Oh no so late already?" I murmured as I scrambled out of bed "well-" Castiel began buttoning his shirt "I've at least..." He counted his fingers "tried 15 times to wake you up" I lightly punched his shoulder "Next time, try harder!". As I walked out the door of my room, I smelled burnt bacon and freshly brewed coffee. "Guys? Are you burning a demon or why does it smell so burnt in here?" I shouted in amusement towards the kitchen "No - it's just Dean" Sam said a little exasperated, Dean groaned "I'm trying my best here to fry bacon and eggs, Now don't act like you're all not hungry" I laughed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. "What is that smell? Is something burning?" I heard Castiel yell worried towards the kitchen and Sam and Dean yelled "It's just the bacon" at the same time.

When I was done and came into the kitchen, I sat down with the boys at the table. "So what's up?" I asked expectantly. There was a plate of bacon on the table. Some pieces were burned and others were still okay. As I searched the pile for edible pieces, Dean eyed me with steely eyes. "Calm down, Tiger," I said while shoving a piece of bacon into my mouth."It Doesn't taste that bad, kitchen chef" Dean's eyes lit up at my comment. I cleared my throat and asked again "so... what's up?" Sam swallowed his bite and said "well... I haven't found anything for us" all our faces went blank with disbelief "dude, c'mon are you kidding us? evil never sleeps?" Dean spat with his mouth full. Sam shrugged "Well, I haven't found anything new." Sam continued to eat his scrambled eggs."Nothing, Nada?" I said while eating more of the bacon. "No, really not," Sam said, almost amused "what do you all have against a day off?"
"I mean, nothing... But what do we do then?" i replied. Sam's eyes twinkled "let's go to the book fair!"
"B Book Fair?" said Dean annoyed and looked over to see our reactions. Castiel nodded in agreement and my eyes had to sparkle so brightly that Dean simply had to give in.

After breakfast we all sat in the Impala. Castiel and I squeezed us into the back seat and Sam and Dean sat in front - as always. Dean once again turned his music up as loud as possible and Trilled along to Lynyrd Skynyrd's Freebird.
As I looked out the window for a moment, Castiel tapped me on the shoulder "I have a question..." I nodded and listened "what is a book fair?" I couldn't help but grin at his Innocence. "Well - it's like a flea market, but people sell their old books there and not their junk" Sam, who apparently overheard our conversations despite the loud music, turned down the volume and said "and sometimes you can find real treasures there!" Dean, who had his hand on the volume control again, said "you don't seriously think you'll find some old witch book there or something do you?" "Actually, I was thinking more of a rare copy of an H.P Lovecraft book which-" Sam's speech was interrupted by Dean turning up the music. "Should I or you print out the divorce papers?" I hissed at Castiel who had to stifle a giggle.

Dean parked his Impala away from the fairgrounds to avoid unnecessary attention.

For once we decided to split up and look around separately. Dean stood at the beer tent and flirted with some ladies who only had their books on their minds- and when they asked who dean's favorite author was, he replied with a "Uh- I am not sure... Uh, there are many" but his grin didn't impress the ladies . Dean walked over to Sam and said "the local women are not really my clientel" Sam giggled and said snippy "too smart for you?". "Ha-Ha" Dean said sarcastically and turned away from Sam "Oh don't worry" Sam said while rummaging around in a box full of books "Maybe you'll find a collection of your favorite porn magazine's here"

Castiel and I had gone in a different direction and were looking around at the bookstalls. Row after row, housewives had laid out their books on long tables and sold books at bargain prices. While we were walking, Cas suddenly took my hand. That was a moment that made me forget everything around me for a moment. "Is something wrong?" Castiel asked and stopped "No, No, No" I said. Castiel studied my face and said "I thought- I mean I've seen other couples do that" I blushed even more noticing that we were still holding hands the entire time. "I mean, we don't have to do it if you don't want to" said Cas and then loosened his grip, but I clasped his hand tighter "No- i mean I'd love to."