3 | 𝙏𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙊𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝘽𝙚𝙚𝙧𝙨

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 3

"What the League has done is irredeemable.. I get all that.. But still.. I didn't understand what she believed was truly right.

"Thinking about it now, I don't know anything about Toga Himiko at all."

Uraraka couldn't sleep. She ended up tossing and turning the entire night as her head was filled with thoughts of her.

Regret. That was what she thought of when she thought of Himiko Toga. She wanted to do more, to be a hero for even someone as far gone as her. But why?

And why am I suddenly thinking of her again?

That day where she tried to tell me how she felt, how come I didn't listen? I want to go back. Even if it was something I said two years ago. I want to go back to that day, start it all over. I thought I'd been over this, but that scene just replays in my head on loop. Why couldn't I have done more? More to stop her, no, more to help?

"You can't save everyone." That was a lesson hammered into any aspiring hero's head. But I still feel so guilty. It's the whole Sir Nighteye situation again, but it feels so much worse.

In some other universe, would we have been friends? Even schoolmates? I don't know the first thing about her. Just that she was a year older, and.. deeply in love.

But that must've been some type of charade, right? To mislead her, to make her hesitant and put down her guard. In the end, she was a villain, and Uraraka was a hero. She couldn't have done anything if she tried, it was destined to be this way.

That was what she tried to convince herself anyway, but her conflicting thoughts ran through the night, battling each other and offering her no sleep.

"Ochako? Are you feeling alright?" Tsuyu placed a finger on her chin as she looked at Uraraka with a worried expression.

"Eh?! Just fine, Tsu, ahaha.. Just a little tired. I ended up not getting much sleep last night." She gave a sheepish smile.

Uraraka only got a couple hours of sleep before her morning alarm went off, and now she was sluggishly heading downstairs with Tsuyu to meet the rest of the class. She ended up even forgetting to change out of her pajamas, and she didn't doubt the possibility of bags under her eyes either.

Tsuyu frowned but obviously knew to not push too much on the subject. Uraraka was grateful for that, as her friend was always so considerate even on her worse days.

She decided to change the subject as they reached the general common room. Mina and Momo were already up as well, probably talking about something related to the study session she held last night. "Since the weather is getting colder, would you like to borrow some of my blankets? I know you don't take well to the cold."

Tsuyu gave a small smile. "I learned my lesson last year, so it can't hurt to have some more. Thank you, Ochako!"

Before Uraraka could respond Mina waved over to the pair. "Tsu! Ochako!! Stop standing around and sit down already!"

As soon as they did Mina exploded into a rant, talking about the latest relationship drama and gossip around the school. Of course, it was mostly rumors, but predicting when people were going to start dating had become her specialty. Maybe her secret second quirk was love foresight.

Uraraka took her phone from her pocket and flipped it open, staring at her contacts with a frown. Yua left really suddenly yesterday.. Should I text and ask her what happened? But what if it's something personal, like when we first met? Am I allowed to even ask?? It's not really my business, but I'm just curious.