Preface/Introduction

"So, how did I manage to get my hands onto a copy of Pokémon Violet?" I hear you asking. 

Wait, I'm pretty sure you're not asking that, and you probably think that the way I acquired a copy is very normal and uneventful. Probably just preordered it or but it in the store no problem.

Well I am here to say that if you thought that...

 YOU'RE WRONG. (Well, I could probably put it a little nicer than that.)

 You are extremely incorrect, but here's an E for effort!

Do you want me to explain how it all went down? Well I will.

It was the 18th of November in 2022. The air was frigid; the clock said 8:3-something; and Vee's spirits were at an all time high. I hop out of bed to force my father to take me to the promised land. I had everything planned out: I figured out EXACTLY how much money it would take to purchase a double-pack (both Scarlet and Violet) plus tax, and swore it would go just like all the years previously. Wake up; grab money; take stupid amount of time getting my dad in gear; drive over to Target; purchase game(s); be satisfied with life. That is how it went every year, so why should this year be any different? Spoiler: many reasons.

First off where I have been buying my games for the past years. I've had this weird tradition of buying my Pokémon (and other) games exclusively Target. Most stores have some kind of special bonus thing you get for free by buying both versions in-store the week it comes out. Most of the time it's random little things no one would really care about, like with Target's Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl bonus item (decals) and Legends Arceus (stationary stuff). This time however, it was mostly agreed that Target had the best bonus out of all options: a figurine of the 3 starters.

I was excited. The store I wanted my games from ALSO had the best item. 2 birds with one stone, as they say. With that knowledge, I probably should have predicted what was about to occur.

After beating my dad up with my Eevee build-a-bear, he got out of bed and soon enough we were on our way. We arrived around 9:10, earlier than I am normally up and out of the house, and I literally ran through the store (more accurately I think I speed-walked) to get to the games section. The display stand is there with the single copies, but no double-packs. We ask a guy working there and apparently the was A FREAKING LINE OF PEOPLE CAMPING OUTSIDE THE TARGET AT 7:AM IN THE MORNING AND THEY CAME AND BOUGHT THEM ALL UP.

The moral side of my brain wants to believe that the people outside were parents buying the games for their children to have a surprise when they came back from school. But the side of my brain that knows how humanity works is pretty sure that they were people who knew of the bonus and bought all of them up to resale later. Aka they were Asswholes.

So anyway, Vee was depressed. But also too stubborn for Vee's own good. So exactly 12 hours later (around 9 pm) we went back to the target since the guy said there would be a truck sometime later that MIGHT have more copies. Turns out that things are weird this time and initially got way fewer stock than usual and they had no idea when they'd get more.

We told the new guy we had been there earlier with no luck, and he looked in the cash register and THEY HAD ONE MORE FIGURE LEFT. I GOT THAT LAST FIGURE. F#CK THEM ASSWHOLES FROM EARLIER I GOT THE DANG FIGURE!!!

Anyway, we asked him were we might find the games and recommend GameStop or Best Buy.

I forced dad to take me to Best Buy.

We looked in the game section and couldn't find it. Talked to an employee and turns out they had some of the singles in the back. I asked the employee if he could grab one of each for me. The Madman did it. And that's how I came into contact with both the figure and both games.

One part of this story I'm forgetting to mention is that during this time I had no way of playing the game due to I had sent my drifty joy-con to be fixed. After a day of anxious waiting, I got tired and went back to Best Buy and got a cute wired controller (the exact style is called "Pikachu Electric Type").

And with all items necessary, I sat on a bench we have in our living room; Eevee push in arm; Controller in hand; and began my new game. What would happen? What weird new Pokémon would I see? How much bloodshed would I cause?

There was only 1 guarantee: 

I am going to have myself a lot of fun.

This wattpad updates every Wednesday. If you see any spelling or grammar errors, please let me know so I can make this better!