Chapter 1: How It Began

{Your POV} (King Dice is 110, so I'll make you 107.)

98 Years In The Past

I laughed as I tried tagging Dice.

"Dicey!!! GET BACK HERE!!" I ran while tackling Dice.

"Hey! Get off me!!" He laughed.

I smiled as I planted a small kiss on his front-right dice edge.

"There! For the pain to go away!" I smiled.

Dice laughed as he rubbed his edge, "Thanks, that helped a lot!"

Dice smiled as he hugged me tightly.

"Dicey!!"

"Gotcha!! Tag! You're it!!" He said as he let me go and started running.

"Oh come on!! I JUST TAGGED YOU!!"

"10 SECOND RULE Y/N!!" He yelled while sprinting towards the other city park.

"DICE!!" I yelled while trying to catch him.

"YOU'RE TOO SLOW!!" Dice said.

"AM NOT!!" I said, as Dice crossed the road.

I ran after him, until a sharp pain hit me. I blacked out, but soon woke up. I looked at myself, I wasn't the same.

"Am I dead!?" I gasped as my hands passed each other.

"Yes, you are." A deep voice said.

A furry man with horns revealed himself, he signed at his assistant, which soon gave him a huge file.

"Hmm, lets see. Ah, yes! You stole quite a lot, and you are quite manipulative with others. Hmm, ohhh!! You even trick others to give you things. No wonder you're here."

I looked around nervously as I tried flying away.

Fire surrounded us as The Devil shook his head.

"Nuh-uh-uh. You aren't going anywhere. You have to pay for your sins." He said.

"I- I don't want to stay in hell!"

"Or. . . You could go back to your King Dicey." He said in a convincing voice.

"Dice!? Wait, how!?"

"Well, you must make a deal with me. Only if you want to see King Dice again." He said.

I nodded, "What's the deal!?"

The Devil grinned mischievously, "You give me your soul, and you'll go back into the real world, fully alive and normal."

My voice cracked as I froze. Give him my soul!?

"What else? I am not going to give you my soul just to go back to the real world. I want you to offer something else." I was kidding, I would gladly say deal, for Dice of course.

"You'll get one-third of my power." Devil stated with his last offer.

"Deal."

I shook hands with The Devil and returned back to the real world.

People were surrounding me, Dice was crying as he held me tightly.

"Dice. . ?" I said.

Dice's face instantly shot up as he hugged me tightly.

"YOU'RE ALIVE!! YOU'RE ALIVE!! I THOUGHT I LOST YOU!!" He said as he held me close.

I chuckled, "I'm fine, King."

Everyone screamed as they realized I was okay, they instantly ran away as Dice picked me up and sat me down on a bench.

"How are you-"

"A deal with The Devil." I stated, as he widened his eyes.

Fire formed my hand as The Devil's face formed it.

"He owns me now. He has my soul. In return, I got my body back, plus one-third of his power." I closed my hand as Dice teared up.

"I know I made a deal with him, BUT WHY DID YOU DO IT!?" He cried while hugging me tightly.

"At least we're together now, Dicey, and don't worry on why I did it. Just focus on the future." I smiled while planting a small kiss on his left cheek.

"To make the pain go away." I said.

He weakly smiled as he wiped his tears.

"Now. . . Wanna commit arson?" I said, as flames formed in my right hand.

"I hate to say this, BUT HECK YEAH!!" Dice said as we ran to the orphanage him and I used to live. We were treated cruel there, so this was a win-win. Dice lead the orphans out of the building while I created a distraction.

2 minutes passed, and the orphanage burned down in flames.

Dice and I high-fived each other while grinning.

I suddenly felt a sharp pain, and a small flame wrote on my arm.

"You must repay me soon, Y/n. And stop with your little games, my powers aren't a toy. - The Devil."

I sighed as I grabbed Kings' hand and ran back to our little house that we built.

"What's for lunch?" Dice asked.

"Well, I was able to get a few pieces of candy, a pie slice, a cookie, and some sandwiches!!" I said.

"Ohhhh!!!" Dice said as I handed him a sandwich, the pie slice, the cookie, and half the candy pieces.

I munched on my sandwich as Dice gave me half of his pie and half of his cookie.

"What are you-"

"To make us even, Y/n." He said, smiling at me. He ate his sandwich as I smiled and ate mine.

Everything was going great, for now at least.

Sirens were heard, my head shot up as my eyes widened.

Dice was confused as I dragged him out the house.

"King Dice. . . Listen to me. Run. Get out of here. Don't look back, okay? I love you so, so much. Just, don't look back." I gave him my ring.

"Y/n. What's happening...?" Dice asked, he never knew about me stealing.

"Don't worry, Dicey. Everything will be okay. Just run. Meet me behind the Inkwell Theatre, just make sure to not get caught." I kissed his cheek while sending him into the woods.

"But Y/n-"

"JUST GO DICE!! DON'T LOOK BACK."

Dice took one last glance at me as he ran. I distracted the officers while dodging their every attack. I used The Devil's powers to escape, but, I passed out when I lost the police.

It was midnight when I woke up. I checked my watch and instantly ran to the Theatre. I saw Dice, shivering, I gave him my jacket as he stopped trembling.

"Y/n. . ?" He said.

"I'm here, Dicey. Don't worry."

He weakly smiled as I carried him back to our little house, hoping we didn't get caught again.