𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸

Chapter 2-

Chapter 2-

A/N- This is a short chapter. I just kind of wanted to introduce older Matthew. So I'm sorry.

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟑, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

~Matthew's POV~

I was sitting in my apartment, trying to eat my breakfast. I had just been transferred from LAPD. Which is great because this is where I lived once upon a time. My mom told me to stay, but I've always hated it in California. My father had a job opportunity and he picked us up and we all moved to the sunny beaches of Hell. I like Atlanta. The diversity is real, people who I'm familiar with. I've honestly been looking for one person in particular. Christina Davis. My high school fling. Well it felt like more than a fling. People say that being in love with a girl in high school is unrealistic, but I was. She was amazing. Smart, realistic, and ambitious. Not to mention that body. I've seen her with this case that's going on. Emma Smith. But I haven't gotten the guts to go and talk to her. I haven't seen her in sixteen years, so maybe the spark that was there then is gone now. My phone started to ring. I answered it.

"Allen."

"We got a disturbance in the 6th." I rolled my eyes.

"Good morning to you, too, Sargent." I said standing up and putting my dish in the sink.

"I'm swinging by your place in five." He hung up and I laughed quietly to myself. I grabbed my gun and my badge off the kitchen table. I opened my front door and it was stuck. I jerked it towards me again and it opened. I pulled it and locked it. I ran down the stairs.

"Miguel, my door is still stuck." I called walking out of the door.

"And most of my tenets are behind on rent. I can't help you." He said.

"I can arrest them for you." He laughed and shook his head.

"Nah, man. They'd hate you. Then who'd cook you dinner?" I laughed and went out the door. I saw David in his car. He rolled down the window.

"You're late." He said.

"You said five." I opened the door and got in.

"Did you think I meant five minutes? I meant five seconds." He drove away from the curb. "So, the disturbance. 45 McClean Street." I tilted my head to the side.

"College Heights. Filled with all college students and some elderlies who love to waste our day." I smiled sarcastically.

"Yeah, but it's our job." I nodded.

"I don't miss California, man. But it did have more action." He sighed. "Not in a bad way. It's kind of boring."

"Yeah, but that's good. At least in our sense. If it's boring, there's less wrong doing." We pulled up to the house with a long line of cars going down the street. "Well, let's do this Allen." I got out of the car with him and we walked up to the house and the door was open. We walked around for about five minutes. I couldn't even hear myself think.

"OFFICERS!" I hear a voice yell and we both turn around. We see a young kid, not much shorter than me. "What are you here for? You here for the drinks? The music?" I laughed.

"If this is the music you're offering, no." He frowned.

"Well, I don't think we're doing anything wrong."

"You're disturbing the peace of the neighborhood." Williams said. "We're just here to tell you to keep it down."

"We're not doing anything illegally wrong, Officer." I clenched my jaw.

"Like my partner said. You are disturbing the peace and if you will not keep it down we will have to arrest you for being insubordinate." I went to grab his arm and he punched me. I groaned. Everyone else around us cheered. I saw Williams cuff him and we went outside. I then heard him read the kid his miranda rights. I saw him laughing as we got closer to the car.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"Well you wanted more action." He continued to laugh.

"Shut up." He put him in the backseat. I then got into the passenger seat. He got into the car and drove off with everyone staring at us.

"I will have both of your badges." Williams and I looked at each other and started to laugh.

"You do you brother, but I'd worry about the problem at hand before you worry about other things." He said to him. I smiled and looked out the window. It wasn't a long drive back to the station. "You go inside and do the paperwork and I'll book him."

"Why is it that I get stuck with the paperwork?" I asked.

"It's because a, I'm your sergeant, b, I arrested him, and c, because you're better at it than me." I laughed and I went inside. It didn't take me long to fill out the form, and when I did I gave it to the PO and went back out with Williams.

The day was long. So I went home, grabbed a beer out of the fridge, and a bag of peas to put on my jaw. I turned on the TV and saw Christina and the kid who was on trial at a small press conference in front of the courthouse in downtown Atlanta.

"My client told the truth. Which in testimony is very important. We've come a long way and hope that Emma's family can find the justice they deserve when they catch the right man." I smiled. She hasn't changed. She's just as beautiful as she was in high school.

Word Count:

1046