01: The Mystery in the Business Class

I remember the first time I heard about you. It seemed like every senior was asking if I knew about the new student in the Business class. My reply was always the same: "No," because, honestly, I didn't know there were any new students. I wasn't particularly interested in meeting new people; I preferred sticking with my small circle of classmates. We were a tight-knit group, always hanging out together, where I felt comfortable enough to say the craziest things without judgment. There was a comfort in the familiar, and I clung to it like a lifeline.

Yet, hearing about this mysterious new kid became a daily occurrence. Everyone around me seemed to have caught a glimpse of you, except for me. I was the last senior who hadn't seen you, and while my curiosity should have been piqued, I couldn't bring myself to care. I thought it wouldn't make any difference in my life. In fact, I found it strange that anyone would think starting as a new student halfway through the second semester was a good idea. Why would anyone want to throw themselves into the chaos of our school when the year was nearly over? But then again, maybe you were different from the rest of us, unafraid of the unknown, while I was content in my bubble of routine.

At that time, I was involved in a tumultuous relationship with my on-again, off-again boyfriend, Clark. He was every girl's dream—handsome, charming, and mine. I remember thinking, "This is it. This is my relationship, and I'm not letting it go." Clark had a way of making me feel like the center of the universe, even when our relationship was on the rocks. There were moments when everything felt perfect, as if we were the only two people in the world. But those moments were fleeting, overshadowed by the reality that loving him was a rollercoaster ride—exhilarating, but with more lows than highs.

What I didn't realize then was that I needed to master the art of forgiveness before I could truly claim that relationship as mine. Loving Clark meant forgiving him over and over again, even when it felt like I was losing pieces of myself in the process. I held onto the idea of us, convinced that we could make it work if I just tried harder, if I just let go of the past. But the more I tried, the more I realized that holding onto something so fragile was exhausting. It was as if we were both walking on a tightrope, and one wrong step could send us plummeting.

I used to love romance when I was a little girl, back when I was innocent and hadn't yet faced the harsh realities of life. I was the kind of girl who believed in fairy tales and happily-ever-afters. But that was long before the world turned me into someone people labeled as a 'player' and 'cold-hearted.' Life had a way of stripping away that innocence, replacing it with a hardened exterior that I wore like armor. I didn't show much emotion unless it was genuine happiness. Anything else was buried deep within, locked away where no one could reach it.

Whenever I faced problems or felt hurt by others, I would simply sweep it under the rug, ignoring it as if it didn't matter. It was easier that way, or so I told myself. If I pretended that the pain didn't exist, then maybe it would disappear altogether. But of course, it never did. It lingered in the background, a constant reminder of the things I didn't want to face.

I became hollow, like a straw. My heart still beat, but to those around me, it seemed to pump venom instead of blood. I was hollow, but even more than that, I was perceived as ruthless, cruel, and heartless. That was how the outside world saw me: hollow, ruthless, cruel, and heartless. I didn't mind the labels, though. They kept people at a distance, and that was just the way I wanted it. After all, if no one got too close, then no one could hurt me.

But as much as I tried to convince myself that I was content with being alone, there was still a part of me that longed for something more. A part of me that wondered if maybe, just maybe, there was someone out there who could see past the armor and reach the person I used to be.

So when people talked about you, the mysterious new student who had joined our school in the middle of the semester, I brushed it off. I convinced myself that it didn't matter, that you were just another face in the crowd. But deep down, I couldn't shake the feeling that maybe, in some inexplicable way, our paths were meant to cross. And when they finally did, everything would change.

Hey loves. I decided to revise this chapter because I felt it needed something more. I hope you enjoy this new version.

I know I have been off for a while but I will try to publish at least once a week. As an apology I will publish chapter two as well. Enjoy and don't forget to like and leave a comment🌺