Before

This was inspired by a story called "Six years too long " By strawhat_pirate

I have no way of making sure how much of this is true, so take anything you see here with grain of salt. 

-------

It was hard living alone, Naruto figured that out almost instantly.

Three days after the orphanage kicked him out, Naruto walked the streets of Konoha starving. Only to find an injured rabbit on the side of the street, just slow enough for him to catch. He had learned how to make a fire from his first lesson at the academy, Basic survival.

So he first found something to contain the fire. A rusty metal can was good enough, rocks would take a while to collect and arrange. While making the fire he realized he couldn't eat the fur, and didn't have any sharp objected on him to do it with. He ended up using his teeth, so either way there was still fur in his mouth. But the rabbit ended up decent.

He had ended up sleeping in an ally in between two random stores. Shivering himself to sleep

The Hokage had found out what happened and gave him An apartment. It was old and run down and he thought that he shouldn't be there. But it was all he was given and Naruto would never give up a present. And it was clear that the Third Hokage wouldn't take it back. As The village leader he must have a better place to live.

The third Hokage would give him money for food, but he was a child who had a nearly insatiable appetite. And the amount of food he was given wouldn't work for any child.

And the fact that all his money was spent on food meant that he didn't have many toys or clothes. He didn't have extra money for things that he didn't need. Like toys or extra clothes. 

So during his birthday or holidays he wouldn't have presents form family or friends. And he couldn't get himself anything either. Most of the time he would just look out his window and watch the other people of the village celebrate.

And he couldn't spend much on school either. So he always had old kuni he found abandoned on training grounds, rather than new ones the rest of the class had. And it showed that his had lower quality from what must have been years of use from the older classes to wear them down that much.

And his teacher never seemed to notice. Well maybe they did and just never said anything. The only time anyone gave him something was when his throwing Kuni snapped in half during training. Choji's father had just got him a set set of Kuni, so he gave one of his old ones to Naruto.

Naruto had once asked to use The sharpener, something shinobi classes had for Kuni knifes. He was ignored and just went up to use it, but then ended up breaking his Kuni, it was an old one.

That was his last one. So he went up to ask Iruka to borrow one until he could go back to the training ground. And even that wasn't a guarantee he would find one.

Iruka barely acknowledged his existence. Just telling Naruto to sit down and watch the rest of the class train. But it was better than the way Mizuki treated him.

The rest of his class wasn't that bad. Sure Sasuke was annoying and Kiba was... Kiba. But his class was fine! And it was better than the older classes that would sometimes gang up on him. And take his money, throwing starts and Kuni. 

Most of the older classes were 1-6 when he was born. So maybe they were alive to know why the village hated him.

The villagers were like the older kids, mean. They would ignore him when he asked for help. They wouldn't acknowledge anything anything he did, like when he helped that lady pick up her grocery's. And sometimes they got angry at him and kicked him out of stores. And sometimes steal his money. 

No one in the village had claimed him. He didn't have a clan or family or anything of the sort. His entire class were all part of Shinobi clans, with the exception of Sakura. So they all had Big family's.

During school parent day, they all had someone show up. During sibling/cousin day everyone (Except Sakura) had someone attend. And even Sakura talked about her older cousin who lived a few lands away.

During mothers and Father's Day, the class had made cards.

Sakura had made hers with flowers of varying colors. Sasuke had his clans crest all over the cards. Shikamaru just put a few picture of that weird strategy game he liked. Choji had food all over his. Shino had bugs of different colors, while sticking to darker tones. Kiba drew his family's dogs. Ino had drawn her parents. Hinata drew hearts and the eyes her clan was known for.

Naruto just picked up a paper and started doodling. He drew what he thought his family would look like. Using his classmates drawing as references.

Kids looked like their parents, so he gave his mom blond hair. Maybe his dad had brown hair? And maybe his dad had whiskers like him!

Iruka had sent them home that day without so much as looking and Naruto's drawing. But he still wanted to show someone, so he showed the Third Hokage the next time he visited.

The man had sighed and told him that no, his mother and father looked nothing like that. So Naruto threw it out and cried himself to sleep. He had given up on a mother and father a long time ago. No family was magically going to adopt him.

Then his dad came back to the village.

He had ended up being the best dad Naruto could have ever asked for. And was the fourth Hokage! (And was much better then The third in Naruto's opinion) And he could make anyone, especially Naruto, Happy with a single smile.

He also got Kakashi. He was a little weird at first, But nice. He would pick Naruto up and color with him whenever he asked. And it was a buy 1 get 6 more deal with the doggies. They loved to chase him around.

He didn't get a mom though, But that was okay! His dad and Kakashi were all he needed. And now Sasuke was his friend! And Kurama was just there.

His life was so much better now, and it was all thanks to whatever brought his father back.