Late Night Thoughts

Bruce Gowls, age 37, sat up next to his wife in the middle of the night.

"Having weird thoughts again, honey?" Amy Gowls, his wife, woke up and asked. Bruce had been having these weird thoughts at night for over a week, usually the same time every night. 12:22 am.

"Yes, but I'm alright. Just get some sleep. See you in the morning. I love you." Bruce kissed the top of Amy's forehead and tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't. He stayed up all night, just staring at the blank walls of their room.

His weird thoughts got weirder and weirder by the night. One night, a monster in his dream threatened to him that if he didn't kill his wife soon, that he would surely die.

At 12:22 on May 28 of 2015, another threatening thought came to him. Only this time, Bruce obeyed. He slowly walked to the kitchen to grab a freshly cleaned knife and brought it back upstairs. He laid in bed until 2:00 in the morning, the time when the monster had told him to kill his wife. Bruce stood up and grabbed his wife by the shoulders.

"Honey? Wha-what's going on?" Amy rubbed her eyes, still in the hands of Bruce. He never answered her and walked outside. He yanked a rope from down a tree, in the shape of if you were to use it to hang someone. He untied the loop, still holding Amy. He then pushed her onto a tree and tied her. She screamed and screamed and screamed at the sight of her husband holding a knife up to her neck. They lived out in the middle of no where, so Amy was definitely not heard by anyone other than Bruce.

Bruce began to slowly cut open his wife's left thigh. Blood trickled down it, leaving a line of red. He then went into their shed to grab a saw. The monster wanted Amy to feel pain.

"Bruce STOP!!!! Please!" Amy tried and tried to squirm out of the ropes, but it was no use.

He then started to cut open both forearms with the saw, cutting the bone. Bruce saw all the veins and skin and blood just pour from Amy's forearms. He sawed through the thighs, also cutting the bone and revealing an unruly sight.

Last, Bruce slowly dragged the knife from the ground and lifted it up towards her neck. Only this time, he actually did it. He sliced open her jugular and watched as he let go of the knife, letting the monster enjoy the image of Amy in pain.

Bruce walked into the house. Amy, now dead, hung from the tree. Bruce's parents wondered where she had gone, but Bruce lied and said that they had split up and she had moved to another country. Bruce never had those thoughts again.

As every night went on, he slept with the monster. No one ever even knowing what happened to Amy on May 28.

----

Remember this date; May 28. You are not supposed to be outside at all. Bruce roams the streets that day, the monster with him.