ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 - ʜᴏᴍᴇsɪᴄᴋ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ *.✧

———

———

"Y/N, YOU HAVE TO GET UP TODAY."

No. Not this soon.

       The salty tears from last night are dry on my cheeks like glue. Wet stains drenched my pillows and the puddles were about to get even vaster. My fingers curl around the thick edge of my covers and I pull them over my head. I squeeze my entire face shut—no more tears. No more. I can't allow myself to cry any longer.

But I thought that he'd be my first and last love.  I don't think I can find another.

The light is burning my eyes.

I don't think I can ever love another like how I love you. Even now.

"Y/N, you have ten minutes to get downstairs for breakfast. You have a photoshoot at ten and a meeting for a collaboration you planned at twelve." her voice got low, softer too.  "Remember, you're the world's Starlight and inspiration for so many people out there.  I only need you to survive today.  If you can do that, you can have the next two days off to recover."

       Mikasa shut the door.

       Just the mere thought of him brings everything back from that night in the forest. It was everything that shouldn't have happened, but did. It was the opposite of everything that I had expected—

I had never seen him act like that.

       It was a beautiful night. Clear, darkened skies with faint, drifting clouds. The winds were low and the water was serene. Free was wearing his usual attire when out: loose yellow shirt, a red sash, a gamboge-orange kilt with stiches, baggy light-brown pants, blue boots with red markings. Honestly, he looks good in anything he wears—

Stop thinking about him.

His eyes were out of the moonlight; his entire body actually. Free laid with his back against the trunk of the tree; under their broad leaves with their shadows shrouding him like a blanket of nature. His breathing was so light and quiet, blending in with the rest of the night's roamers.  Free's legs were in a passable straight line out in front of him.  His hands laid by his sides, palms upward and fingers curled.

       I remembered seeing the forecast on my lock-screen that it was going to start raining at 1AM.  I knew Free is like a grandpa with his phone and almost never carries it around on him so I went to find him before it began pouring.