ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3 - sɪᴅᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ *.✧

———

———

       "FREE, YOU REALLY WENT AND FUCKING DID IT."

       Valt busted the Free's door open with his foot, doorknob slamming into the wall—he can't believe this is actually going on.

       Valt seriously couldn't believe this.

       Like he seriously couldn't believe this.

The clock in the Wonder Boy's dorm room presented the hands as five in the midst of the break of dawn. Daylight was making itself known, glinting out from the edges of the vista. His fingers twitched at the sudden resounds of movements, heeded only inches away.

Valt was awoken by the jittering vibrations of his phone against the oak nightstand, ringtone silenced instead. By the time Valt seized hold of his phone, the quaking has ceased.

It was a missed call from Y/N.

He shot them a couple of texts right after, his morning body with no desire to talk paired with a dry throat.

No response or an indication that his messages were read after two minutes—where does one go so urgently directly after a missed call? Valt laid on his mattress, head still on the pillow in the curtain-shadowed darkness. His mind was puzzled, but first thought of it as something minor.

As soon as his phone hit the surface of the nightstand once more, an abrupt buzz from shook him from his fatigue.

A voicemail appeared in his inbox.

Specifically from Y/N.

       "Not now, Valt." Free murmured mumbly.  He sat on the planked floors, back against the side of his unmade bed.  Both his feet were planted on the ground in front of him, knees bent with his arms resting on top.

       "Not now—not now?!" Valt ran a hand through his blue hair.  It got caught in his headband—he seized it with his fingers and tore it out, gripping it with a fury. "Free, I just woke up to a voicemail of Y/N crying and apologizing to me in a very shaky voice that they couldn't say goodbye to me in person because you told them to 'fuck off somewhere else'. They flew all the way back to Shibuya yesterday and landed just now. How did I not know that?!—do you even know that?!"