ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 - sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀs *.✧

———

———

"I'M BOARDING NOW."

Y/N held their phone up to their ear. Their oversized round sunglasses blocked out the wicked sun rays (it's one of those strangely hotter days in autumn). Her other hand grasped onto the white handle of their suitcase.

They stood outside the jet, staring it up and down before handing their suitcase off to the handler. Mikasa is on the other end of the line and awfully concerned about them boarding the aircraft alone and without a companion—but Y/N insisted, so what can she do?

"Yeah, they're a good rapper—" Y/N advanced up the steps slowly, opposing hand trailing up the railing firmly. "But Akira is like...infinitely better than them!"

"You already did ten collaborations with Akira—against the agency's wishes, might I add."

The sounds of pen scribbles and shuffling papers flooded through the speakers. Paperwork are done for collaborations like these, mainly for legal stuff and in case of court or a copyright. Mikasa is carrying the team.

"It means I'm comfortable with them—but you have a bias."

"Understandable," Mikasa replied, completely ignoring my last bit.

Y/N made their way down the empty aisle of cushioned seats painted an exotic shade of scarlet. They set their creme handbag down on the seat next to them and sighed.

"Then why can't I do this one with them?"

"You need to broaden your horizons and get out there more like you used to. You flew all over, remember? Ventured to all the continents and islands at least once every six months—what happened to that? Don't you love traveling? You have basically limited yourself to two countries since the past two years. It is easier for me, but it really isn't you, Starlight."

"Keyword: used to," Y/N gazed out at the window straight across from their seat. "I've grown since the past years and I'm more...settled now, or at least I'd like to be.  It's tiring flying everywhere back and forth."

As much as they long for the past, they can't relive the memories.

Y/N has aimed to focus on the future.

"Okay then," Mikasa mimicked the sigh from earlier. "When you have a complete idea of what you want to do for this year and the ones up ahead, let me know."