chapter eight

Lila - the newspaper

'I got the hot chocolate!' Allie exclaimed, waltzing in with a tray of mugs and a plate of many many cookies, the ones we had made earlier. Everyone scrambled up off of the floor and hurriedly grabbed a mug.

I slipped next to Terence and cozied into the plush red sofa, sipping on the cocoa flavoured drink contently. Terence was reading a newspaper, much like how Viktor did in the evenings.

The open curtains revealed a clear night sky, a dark canvas with the shiniest white paint peppering it perfectly. I released warm air from my lips, the sweet smell of chocolate weaving into my nose.

'This hot choc is amazing, thanks Allie!' Miguel grinned, Allie returned the smile. I looked back to the TV, we were about half way through The Breakfast Club. Terence shifted in his seat, his leg grazed mine and a plethora of butterflies began to dance in my stomach.

'So, Ria' Maisie started 'When you go back to school, don't get yourself suspended okay?' She spoke in a tone that you would use on a toddler, implying that Ria was not capable of understanding clear instructions.

Ri rolled her eyes, 'I know I know, but people need to learn to stay out of my way' she stated, clicking her fingers to the last couple of words. Mason laughed, 'I wish I went to your school, would be fun'

Allie clutched onto his arm, 'I wish you went to our school too' she relaxed into his side. I never thought I would envy my best friends relationship, but seeing her picture perfect romance with Mason was enough to make any girl jealous.

I wasn't jealous that she had Mason, I was jealous because she had Mason. She had someone, Ria basically had Miguel, and Maisie, well, who wouldn't want to be Maisie's girlfriend if they got the chance? She's pretty and nice, and funny too.

I turned to Terence, but did he like me? No, that's stupid Lila. We only met properly the other day, there is no possibility of him liking me. Although, Maisie did have a crush on Selene... and we all just met her.

Moving along!

'Yooo look at this' Terence exclaimed, elbowing me. I peered over his shoulder, he tapped a point on the page. 'Apparently that couple are still making announcements to find their daughter'

Selene turned around, 'What couple?' She questioned, her dark hair falling in-front of her flawless features. '14th of January 1978, this kid went missing at a concert with her parents.' Terence explained. 'Apparently they only turned their backs for a second, then POOF, their child is gone'

I'd never heard of that story until now, sounded a bit too familiar to me. 'How... how old was she?' I spoke up, Terence turned to me. 'I dunno, like eight I think? She was young, probably got kidnapped'

'Interesting, what did her parents say?' Mason asked, Terence began reading, I followed his gaze as he read. His eyes like stars in the dark room we sat in.

 His eyes like stars in the dark room we sat in