5 | Room 127

Alessio

The car pulls to a stop in the parking lot I directed her to. It took us maybe seven hours to get here from the gas station. She did not answer me once when I tried to speak to her. I was expecting it. Honestly the look in her eye as I put that cigarette between her lips made me both scared and aroused. I was surprised she did not blow her cover there. If I were a fed and a shifty man with a accent pushed a cigarette in my mouth. I would kill him but then I would probably not be called good girl after.

She leans back in her seat as if she is trying to dissapear into it and takes a deep breathe that lets me know that she is finally going to break the silence. "Do you know if they take animals here?" She asks, glancing back at her rabid dog. 

They will.

"I am not sure, bring her in with us Caramella." She flashes me a quick glare before unlocking her seatbelt.

"What does that mean anyway?" She grumbles as she gets out of the car and I follow right behind her. Her steps are quick as she moves toward the glowing lights of Red Rose Casino and Hotel, the letters glowing a deep red. I am pretty proud of that design.

I pull the door open for her and stay back as she walks in.

"I need to visit the toilet, stay here." She said something under her breath in answer but I could not hear it. It was better than the silence I had endured during the last seven hours anyway. 

I fish my phone out of my pocket, and search up the number of this hotel specifically. The hotels are the legal part of our family business, they also come in handy for business deals. And apparently when you go on a trip with an FBI agent. 

"Ciao, I need to speak to the receptionist of your hotel in Charlotte, pronto." There's a silence as the woman on the phone forwards me to the receptionist and I can hear the phone ring by the entrance. The voice of the receptionist is a bit shaky as she ask what she can help me with. I guess she recognizes my number. 

"Iam going to walk out of this toilet in a little while. I am going to ask for two rooms, you are going to tell me that there is only one available. No matter how much I or the woman with me complains there is only going to be one room. Understand?"

"Yes. Anything more sir?" I smile, the look on the pretty agents face is going to make my night. 

"The only room available is only going to have one bed. And you are also going to allow the dog in." There's a short silence before she confirms. 

"Of course sir." Her voice cracks a little at the end and I smirk to myself. 

"That is it, thank you for your help." I push the button to end the call and flush the toilet. I count to ten before exiting the room. My eyes search for her as the ground floor of the hotel appears before me again. She sitting on one of the red couches and her knee is bobbing quickly up an down. Her dog is sitting beside her. 

"Are you coming?" I ask and she rises, in a controlled motion. I am fascinated by the control she has over her dog as it follows her every moment with its eyes. The girl behind it is pretty in that American blond girl way. Her blue eyes widen as she sees me and only good self control seems to hold a blush back on her pale cheeks.

"What can I help you with?" She asks and her eyes flicker between mine and Naitee's. Not sure who to look at.

"Two single rooms please." Naitee says. The receptionist unsure gaze flicker to me again and I nod. Just enough so that she sees and unnoticable enough so that the little agent won't think anything of it.