Why Fantasy?

I have recently been asked why I write Fantasy more than any other Genre.

That is simple, Fantasy knows no limit. If you write fanfiction, you are now bound by the rules and boundaries the previous creator put into place. Likewise, Horror has an unspoken cultural limitation. Fantasy is as extensive as you allow. If you want your character to suddenly disappear and reappear on the moon, you must say so and it is done. 

Let's do an experiment. Let us say, Chun, the main character, has woken up and dug himself out of a shallow grave. He has no idea why he was in a grave, he does not remember dying. The next question is how do I explain this? Did a Necromancer bring him back, is he Iseakied, or do I choose to leave that for a later reveal? I could choose any of these answers but only one now limits the character's growth and possibly makes his backstory dull. 

Let's do another. Termina likes long walks in the woods. One day she falls into a hole, while hiking, and finds herself in the teleport bay of a spaceship. I have now slightly limited her movement but not her growth.

Now, let's take this out to far left field. A young demi-human (beast person, half beast/ half human) is hunting and discovers a portal. Foolishly stepping through, she finds herself in Area 51. Unfortunately, I have now severely limited this character by the laws of our universe and our world. 

No matter how you choose to put the character in the setting and form their backstory, you choose the limits, if any. Your imagination is endless. Never settle for anything less than what brings your happiness.