zero. the one where rhiannon died

season one, episode zero

Vampires aren't just born, someone dead can't just procreate with another Vampire, they need the human flesh. Rhiannon Brighton was once a living, breathing, human being, her mother gave birth to a precious ginger girl with green eyes, so big that Janine would often joke that she needed a bigger head.

Janine was human, she had given birth once before, a beautiful boy, and now a beautiful girl, not wanting any more children she begged her husband to turn her, she always wanted to be a vampire, but a family was first.

Grigore Brighton hesitated, being a Monster having a life with a Normal person was not a good sight to others, he could be dead in seconds. There are ways for Vampires to have family, usually it involved witches, blood and often "kidnapping" of children who were too sick or homeless, those who wanted a better life for themselves. Grigore didn't want anything like that, and meeting Janine was an opportunity to make a change, have a better future.

Nevermore school would find out that Grigore had kids, they just didn't know they were half-vampire, half-human, easily Grigore could turn them into full vampires, he wasn't planning on forcing them, Viktor was even the one who suggested the idea at the age of seven. Rhiannon was a whole different story, she didn't want to die, she didn't want to drink human blood, she didn't want to be an outcast, a full, complete, outcast.

Grigore understood, giving her time. Nevermore wasn't patient, they forced the father to stake his daughter, feed her human blood and watch her turn from the giggly bubbly Rhiannon to a lifeless outcast.

Rhiannon hated her family, her father for turning her, her mother not stopping this, and her brother, for even wanting to become one of them. Nevermore was the most hated of them all, how could she be in a place that forced something so atrocious.

Rhiannon accepted being a vampire when she saw the good side of it, she slowly accepted it, she had no other choice, she just made some adjustments. No human blood, strictly animal or create her own in chemistry. To not use her super hearing for gossips, even if she really wanted to. No manipulations to get what she wants, Rhiannon had to work hard for it.

Nevermore helped her with her new life, they would often let her out of the school to hunt animals, just the right amount to not cause an imbalance, and even suggest activities for her to practice the rest of her powers. Rhiannon thought she would survive, until her brother Viktor decided it would be an excellent idea to be a teacher in Nevermore, he kept on saying that it wasn't to spy on her —which it was true, he wasn't interested in what she did. Rhiannon wasn't free at all.

To add more salt to her wound. The Brighton name had a respect in Nevermore, Grigore Brighton was at the top of his class, the best in archery, President of the Outcast Student Council, her brother Viktor was also at the top of his classes, Captain of the Swimming team and Rave'n King two years prior. Rhiannon had eyes set on her from everyone, waiting for the big and amazing future she had to follow and the name she had to put out there.

Exhaustion, she felt as if she were drowning, Rhiannon didn't want to do anything like that, she wanted to be her own person, write her own story, not to be known only as Grigore's daughter.

How could someone shine behind a shadow? That was a question Rhiannon would ask daily to the mirror.

"You should definitely have your hair loose instead of the ponytail." The high pitched voice of Enid pulled Rhiannon out of her thoughts. "I mean if you are going to a new room, try to look different."

Rhiannon didn't hate Enid Sinclair, she enjoyed the occasional talk, but Vampires and Werewolves didn't get along. If Rhiannon could count the amount of fights they had she would need more fingers from hands and feet.

"I'll consider it." Rhiannon said as she finish packing her belongings. "Hope you get a better roommate." Enid answered with a hopefully, Rhiannon was sincere, Enid was a nice girl, very kind, but also very needy to people's acceptance, something that was one of the reasons they constantly fought.

"I hope we can still be friends."

"I think we could be close, friends would be a stretch term you know, due to our differences." Enid nodded her head and stretched her hand out.

"To being close, but not friends and a new semester." Enid smiled at the ginger, Rhiannon happily took it only lasting a few seconds before she left the dorm moving to a new room with Hayley, a siren. Perhaps a better roommate, no history of being enemies, so far as she knew.

A new semester in Nevermore is meant to be a new beginning, new adventures, activities and this year, the Rave'n. Rhiannon wasn't a stranger to parties, she did love them, she liked the music, the dancing, the chaos that could occur behind close doors, and she wasn't too shy, she would accept the few times she would hook up with other students and a party, it was perfect excuse.

The new dorm wasn't that much different from the previous one shared with Enid, the only thing that she clearly noticed was the lack of balcony and the huge window in the middle. Only two windows, one on each side of the room, next to the bed. Hayley's decoration had every inch of ocean, from the tones splattered on the bed covers and pillows, to the seashells dangling over her bed frame.

"Finally I get a roommate." Hayley happily said as she galloped her way to Rhiannon's face, the ginger had to take a few steps back. "I really hope we get along nicely, I'll let you decorate however you want, if you want something from my side just ask."

"Great." Rhiannon wanted to go back, she could smell her blood, she even sensed how sweet it was, the rhythm of her heartbeat was too fast, this was making her loose her mind already. "Can you give me a moment so I can be alone?" Hayley didn't hesitate she was out of the room in no time.

A few hours later —which consisted in between breaks, music playing from her headphones and even throwing out things Rhiannon didn't know she still had, the room was finally ready. Christmas lights dangling over her bed frame, dark blue bed covers, movie posters that were mixed between 2000s early chick flicks and horror movies. Rhiannon stared in aw at her side of the room, she lastly placed on her night table the small cactus she had grown herself over the winter, hard to make but a goal she was happy to had accomplished.

Everything felt fine, the day outside was sunny, a bit cold but nothing surprising as February was ending and the change of season was happening, Rhiannon liked winter changing into spring, she liked the flowers, she liked how the colors changed, it meant a new beginning. Perhaps even the rebirth of a new Rhiannon, time to let the one that had died, stay on her grave, for good this time.

this is very short but I just wanted to give an insight of Rhiannon's life and who she was.