Chap. 10 Time flies

*Midnight* ~Nami P.O.V~

'Mhhh what time is it?' I say as I look around and see Luffy on my shoulder, 'He looks scared...' I say as I reluctantly pull him closer to me and rest his head on my lap. As he moves a little in his sleep to get comfortable I take in every detail that I can he just looks so adorable when he's asleep I mean he's cute no matter what but his sleeping face is just so adorable! While I was looking at the scar he got while trying to save Ace I felt a pin of guilt but tried to brush it off when Luffy started to move a lot and his breathing picked up, 'Oh no he's having a nightmare again!' I said as I panicked a little, 'Umm what should I do!' I said as an idea popped into my head. I started to rub his back in a circular motion to calm him down, 'Mabey this will help... Bell-mère used to do it to me and Nojiko when we were scared.'

I sat there for a few minutes rubbing his back and occasionally messing with his hair surprisingly it was pretty soft so I had fun messing with it when I did. 'Oh, he's starting to calm down thank goodness.' I said as I sighed in relief, 'I should probably head back to sleep as well.' I said as I yawned so I sat there rubbing Luffy's back and after a while, I fell asleep.

*A few hours later eightish o'clock*

As I slowly started to wake up I noticed that Luffy was still asleep in my lap from me pulling him into a hug last night and putting him there, 'Hope you sleeping good Luffy!' I said with a smile and a slight sigh. I sat there leaning against the tree for a few more minutes before I heard Luffy make a noise a move a bit, 'Oh he must be waking up!' I thought to myself.

*Luffy P.O.V*

I started to wake up because the sun was slowly making its way into my eyes and I couldn't tell what I was laying on so I slowly got up and looked around and saw Nami. 'Sleep well Luffy?' She said as she gave me a slight smile, 'Um yeah I did.' I said as I felt my cheeks get hot but shook it off, 'Pft your hair is a mess Luffy!' Nami said as she started to laugh, 'Huh it can't be that bad!' I said as I ruffled it up, 'Pft- Hahahaha you made it worse hahaha!' Nami said as she started to laugh harder.

'Hey don't laugh what should I do?!'

'W-well you can r-run water through your hair and let it dry. Or you can always leave it like that pft.' Nami said between gasps of air, 'No I'll put water in my hair you won't stop laughing at me!' I said as I got up to head to the closest river to get my hair wet, 'W-well you look funny!' Nami said with tears in her eyes ' She laughed a lot at me.... so I'm making her happy! I thought to myself as I walked away to fix my hair with a smile on my face.

*Few weeks later* ~Nami P.O.V~

I was running through the woods trying to get away from Luffy, 'You can't escape me Nami!' Luffy yelled at me as he started to catch up 'Nooo you'll never catch me!' I yelled back running a bit faster till I made it to the beach then I slipped in the sand and almost fell but Luffy caught me before I fell.

'You ok Nami?' He asked as he put me down, 'Y-yeaj thanks for catching me!' I said back blushing a little from both embarrassment and because of him and I swear I can see the blush on his face but whatever maybe I'm seeing wrong it is dark. I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't even notice Luffy pounce at me until he was on top of me. 'Shishishi! Got you now Nami!'

'Noooo I let my guard down!'

'Yep, you know what that means!' Luffy said as he started to laugh to himself, 'Nooo anything but tickles.' I say as Luffy got closer and started to tickle me, 'Pfft hahaha s-st hahaha sto- pfffft stop it L- haha haha stop it Luffy haha haha!' I say as he continued to tickle me I tried to squirm out of his grasp but he had me stuck. Luffy finally stopped tickling me after we both ran out of breath from laughing so much. After Luffy was done tickling me he just plopped down on my stomach and wrapped his arms around me, 'L-Luffy!' I said a bit startled and blushing madly as I tried to shake it off.