2

two days later –

"I am not going anywhere." Kaiya frowned, arms crossed against the chest as she faked being extremely interested in the cooking show playing in the background.

"Did you get her chargers?" Mei asked while packing all travel essentials in terms of cosmetics and hygiene.

"Yup." Kuroo chirped, checking thoroughly. "Laptop, tablet, chargers into the luggage. Pro Bono cases, two red pens, one orange marker, blue pen and headphones into the handbag."

"Throw this in there as well." Mei came into the living room, throwing a bright blue travel bag across it.

"Done." Kuroo caught it and placed it into the luggage. "Should be enough for four days."

"I'm not going!" Kaiya groaned, all balled up on the couch, huffing and puffing from under the blanket – eyes quickly switching from the TV to Kuroo the moment his phone rang.

"Shut up." Mei snarled, hitting her in the head with a pair of light blue jeans and white t-shirt. "Shoes ready by the door."

"Bring some sense into her, yeah?" Kuroo laughed while walking up to Kaiya and handing her the phone before whispering. "Your occasional lover."

"Fuck off." Kaiya's tongue poked past her lips before snatching the phone. "Bo?"

"Hi, baby." Kōtarō Bokuto, the MSBY Black Jackal's Wing Spiker, cooed.

"Hi." child-like voice slipped from in between pillows and blankets, Mei and Kuroo eyeing each other with wide eyes before turning their attention back to her – it wasn't something usual to hear their best friend step out of her usually confident and tough attitude.

"What's the matter?" Bokuto asked softly, treading carefully in certain situations when it came to Kaiya.

"Nothin'." her muffled reply came with annoyance. "I can't come. I'm not feeling well."

"Awww, no way!" Bokuto groaned, the sound of a palm hitting skin resounding into the phone. "This means that I'll have all your favorite Mochi for myself?"

"My .. f-favorite?" Kaiya stuttered, head peeking from under the blanket as she adjusted herself higher on the sofa.

"Mhm." Bokuto hummed, a grin she could not see splitting across his face.

"B-but my favorites are from Samu." Kaiya's brows furrowed, remembering the distance between the Hyōgo Prefecture, location of Onigiri Miya, and Ohasuhigashi, home of the MSBY in Higashiōsaka, Osaka, being of a two hour drive. "How .."

"My favorite girl is coming, what do you mean?!" Bokuto whined, playing right into the child personality she had always adored on him since meeting each other. "I go all out."

"All out?" Kaiya whispered, eyes flicking between Kuroo and Mei that were patiently waiting before darting back under the fluffy blanket. "Bo, I'm sorry but .."

"He won't be here." Bokuto cut her off, knowing exactly what was the reason behind Kaiya's reluctance to come. "He's missing this practice."

"Because of .. ?" Kaiya swallowed hard, cutting herself off, eyes closing shut to force back any bit of a memory that tried crawling out of its hole.

"No, he has no idea you're coming." Bokuto reassured her with a soothing voice, deep notes embracing the erratic beats of Kaiya's heart, calming down the anxiety threatening to take over. "Everything will be alright, Kai."

"Promise?" Kaiya sighed, pushing the blanket off her body and sitting up on the sofa.

"Promise." Bokuto chuckled before his voice could explode. "NOW GET YOUR CUTE ASS TO THE AIRPORT!"