A Token of Gratitude

I wonder what it feels like to end the year without being thankful- How do you know the right thing to feel grateful for? Well, I would say that it's just an overwhelming feeling that you have through an experience, might not necessarily be a bad one. On my terms, I'd say my life is in the fast lane, but it piques my interest, for which I am grateful. I'm not sure why I stare at the morning sun; perhaps it's the color, the star, rising at a specific time, waking up every living creature to begin the day. The universe seems to have placed me perfectly to take in the awe of that moment.

Despite this, I will never forget how bittersweet life became for me as I struggled with depression, anxiety, and the reality of losing loved ones. As I looked up to Mother Nature, I listened carefully to the sound of "sun-soaked weather, and everything around me felt like gold showers", as the winds of change finally began to blow. 

Wait! - You must wait; everything in the silent earth is dormant. Now comes the sacred period of rest and reflection before the awakening and gradual transition to brighter days.

Whatever life threw at me, I will always remember that "the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence."

So here is my token of gratitude.