🥀✨Chapter 16: The Cullen Family vs James✨🥀

A/N

⚠️
Warning: Long chapter ahead. Read if you dare (or can be bothered).
I must warn you, there will be some mentions of blood and other detail to injury in this chapter.
Nothing major.
Well...not really.
⚠️

Enjoy! 📖😁

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

Alex pulled up by the ballet studio at Phoenix, Arizona, and parked surprisingly well. I got out of the vehicle and stretched my body a bit. "Funny how you drive like you're in your own live action Super Mario Kart, but you're parking is perfect."

Justin and Gabe jumped off the truck, and Gabe stretched his back until he heard a satisfying 'pop' sound. "This is why you need an item called a 'licence'. We were holding on for dear life back there, and I was literally thinking about the things I haven't achieved yet in life." Said Justin.

Alex snorted. "What, like, getting yourself a girlfriend?" Gabe and I stifled a laugh.

I cleared my throat, grabbing their attention. "Okay guys, let's go in and do our thing."

Gabe looked a little confused. "What is our thing?"

"Winging it." Was all I said before I turned around and walked towards the door to the studio. I could hear them walk close behind me. "By the way, did we get a new riddle to solve in the book?"

Justin shook his head. "No, which is strange because I'm pretty sure we solved that one."

"Unless we haven't actually solved it yet." Gabe said.

Justin snapped his fingers in realisation. "Of course. We solved the first half of it, but not the part where it said: 'One that would harm thy mortal friend'. It wasn't about the baseball game, it was about James setting a trap for Bella that would end up with her getting hurt just like in the film and book."

"Good job we're here then, isn't it?" Alex asked/said.

I stopped and turned to Justin and Gabe. "You guys should wait in the truck. It's best if only two people go, and the other two stay behind in case something goes wrong."

Gabe nodded in understanding. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. We'll be the back up."

"I was going to suggest that myself. If all of us went in, our human scent will drive him crazy, making it extremely difficult for us to help Bella. Not to mention, if any of us end up bleeding from broken mirrors and windows, it would probably drive them all crazy, even you Nora." Justin made a valid point before heading back to the truck with Gabe.

"We'll be back out in no time." I assured them before I turned around again and walked to the studio with Alex walking beside me.

"Edward has nothing to do with this!" Bella yelled from inside the building.

"I'll stand by the entrance. Just send me a signal, and I'll light him up." Alex said as she stopped by the door outside of the building.

"Okay." I nodded before entering the building and looked for the room Bella and James were in.

"But he does." I heard James speak in a normal tone, but fortunately, my vampire hearing can pick it up clearly. "Oh, his rage will kill for more interesting sport than his feeble attempt to protect you. The fairy isn't here, so looks like I have just one snack for the day to feast on. Let's continue."

"Lets not." My voice echoed when I entered the room. "Use it now, Bella." She grabbed the pepper spray from her pocket and sprayed James in the eyes as I got him destructed. Bella ran towards me, trying to get away from James.