1.5

It felt nice, having people admire me

It felt nice, having people admire me. But it would have felt even better if someone had bothered acting cool around me and just fucking sit beside me. I was tired of being alone in class because it made me feel like an odd case that was put up in the middle of the class for some stupid educational purposes.

Soumya was absent because apparently, her periods were a bitch. She thought I didn't know that she woke up late and did not want to bother with rushing when she didn't even have practicals or any assignments to submit.

Besides, our periods had synced last time and that was only two weeks ago.

My stomach had been bothering me since the morning and I was too nauseous to function at eight thirty in the fucking morning. As far as I remember, I had not eaten anything that would be responsible for an upset stomach. To be honest, I had hardly eaten since the past two days at all. I tried shoving the veggie omlete Rekha aunty made down my throat but I just had to puke it out because it didn't sit well with my head. So now, I was surviving on the decaf macchiato that I hurriedly gulped down while coming to college. 

When the professor announced that the lecture was finally over, I rushed out of the class, stuffing the stupid books in my tote. It was a two minute walk from the block where my previous class was to the library where I spent more than half of my time. I was in hurry to go there because I felt like I was going to be dying any time now and I'd rather do it alone than in front of hundreds of people who were watching every move of mine.

Just as I walked out through the hoards of newly formed crowd in the hallway, I came across a few people who were pointing fingers and me and gasping like I was some wanted criminal they had spotted. 

Don't get me wrong, I had had my few shares of stares and I knew that it wasn't anything special. What I found to be more concerning was the fact that after pointing towards me, the hushed gossip everyone was sharing with their best friend included Rahul Advani's name along with my own.

Just hearing his name made an headache creep in and I felt all the more nauseous all of a sudden. It didn't help that I spotted him striding towards me through the crowd, a creepy smile on his face as Kunal, his  'ride-or-die' buddy staggered behind him, apologizing to everyone Rahul was pushing to get to me.

"Mihika! Hey," He grinned, once he was in front of me, "How was your day?"

I am sure he saw how fucking distressed I was from across the hallway, because I wasn't doing shit to hide it from anyone. Besides, that was not the point. What mattered was why was he, of all people, bothering me on a Thursday afternoon.

"What is it?" I crossed my arms across my chest, going straight to the point.

His grin grew even more at the assumption that I was willingly talking to him without insulting or humiliating him.

"I just wanted to ask if you are coming to the party tomorrow?" He asked.

I had no clue what he was talking about and his growing smile and his friend's face was unnerving me to the point that I wanted to punch both of them in the face.