Again

It was a normal day for the Guardians of Childhood. Stories like this always start out casual and quiet. Everyone was doing their jobs, keeping wonder, hope, fun, memories, and dreams in children's lives while anticipating the Guardian Meeting that would occur later that day. When it was time for everyone to venture to the north pole, they were all excited to see each other again. Even Bunny, but he would never actually admit it.

Jack, Tooth, and Sandy were flying and Bunny was navigating his tunnels as North sat on an armchair next to the fireplace close to the globe room. While he was waiting he was going over the naughty and nice list, making sure to check it twice. Just as he finished and closed the lists and put them away, Bunny hopped out of his tunnels next to him.

"Hey mate, how have ya been?"

"Bunny! How nice to see you! I have been good."

Just then a smiling face entered through a window as golden sand particles fell behind him. The Sandman waved a friendly wave at North and Bunny as the jolly red man's booming voice conquered all other sounds in the room.

"Sandy! Glad you could make it, with your busy schedule and all."

Soon after, Jack and Tooth were making their way inside the huge workshop the same way Sandy did, talking to each other and sharing stories seemingly because they had met up on the way there.

"Yes! Jack and Tooth are here! Our meeting shall commence! Follow me and we shall sit on sofas!" North announced.

Everyone took a seat where they felt comfortable. North sat on an armchair to the left of the fireplace, and across from him, Bunny took the armchair to the right of the fireplace. Next to each armchair there was a sofa and right next to North was Tooth sitting on a sofa. On the other side of the room on the other sofa, Sandy was right next to Bunny and Jack was beside Sandy.

"Alright, everyone comfy? Who would like to start on their reports so we can get into the good stuff later?" North asked.

"I will!" Tooth volunteered, "Everything has been going well. My little fairies have been motivated to keep memories in the life of children across the world. Morale couldn't be higher!"

"Dat is great, Tooth! The children are grateful for you! Who's next?"

Sandy raised his hand and North nodded at him to share. He made a sign made of dream sand over his head of the peace symbol and a picture of smiling children.

"I see your dreams are still making the children around the world happy." North added, smiling, "Who's next?"

"Alrigh' I'll go," Bunny said, "Easter is in a week and preparations are in place. Everything is organized in my Warren so I can find supplies to paint ma googies easier. All of the eggs are almost ready."

"Das great Bunny! Easter is going to be awesome!" North said but there was a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "But Christmas is going to be better..." he muttered when he thought no one could hear.

"Oi—"

"Anyways, how have you been Jack? Hopefully not too much trouble?"

"Well not too much but yeah, it's all been good for me. Making all these different snowflakes is so fun! It's like- I barely even do it! Like how I don't do breathing, like– breathing just happens, you know? Winter is going to be at its best this year."

"Ooh, very exciting! Can't wait for winter...and Christmas time!"

Everyone else rolled their eyes at North's antics but grinned, showing their admiration for the holly jolly soul.

"For me, Yeti's are getting all kinds of unique ideas for special presents this upcoming Christmas. The children will be delighted, I think they'll love it!"