Tris P.O.V

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters Veronica Roth does!

My mind goes blank as I run with the dauntless crowd. A boy looks at me and I smile. I mean what else could I do. I take closer look at him. He's hot. I mean hot, muscles and all. I wince as I hit my toe off a step. I look down and start up the steps. Not taking my eyes off my feet this time. We keep running for 5 minutes more until we finally climb. Yes climb in my abnegation robe. We climb up to the train tracks, we are jumping on I can tell. I use to watch dauntless do it all the time. My heart begins to beat fast as I pull my self up. Come on Beatrice you can do this. Beatrice doesn't sound very dauntless does it. I might need to change that.

When I reach the top my legs and arms throb. We did NO exercise in abnegation it was somehow selfish. I guess it makes sense it's about you wanting to become fitter. I see the crowd begin to run across the platform and then I realise why. A train whizzes past me and I gasp. I have to get in that. My legs move fast and the breeze circles my body. I see an arm reach for me and I grab it not caring whose it is. It is the boy I smiled at earlier he pulls me in and grins. His smile is massive and he lets go of my hand. I turn around wobbling to see a tall girl sitting. "you want to fall out?" She asks laughing.
"Well I guess not" I say sitting next to her.
"Christina nice to meet you!" She says giving me her hand. I shake.
"Tris, my name is Tris." I reply, yes that's a better name than Beatrice was more dauntless. The wind blows through the train as we speed along the track. I chat to Christina about stuff, she is funny and kind.
"1 minute till we jump." Someone shouts through the train. I stand up shaking. I can do this jump and roll I guess.
"I can't do that! I didn't sign up for this." Christina says watching the dauntless begin to jump onto a roof.
"You did sign up for this. Come on on three." I take her hand and walk back a bit for a run up.
"One." Christina says.
"Two." I say.
"Three, jump." She says I have to basically pull her out the cart but we just reach the roof. I gasp for breath and my feet ache. I landed on them and stumbled a bit, but at least I didn't fall like Christina did. She lies in a heap on the floor. I grab her arm and pull her up.
A boy comes over. "Correct me if I am wrong but I think you were meant to land on your feet not your face." Christina glares at him as she wipes gravel off her face. I can't help but laugh. He laughs with me.
"Initiates, come? I am Eric." Eric shouts standing on the edge of the roof. "Who is jumping first." A boy raises his hand but he is dauntless born. "No the transfers." We look at each other blankly. The boy who was cheeky to Christiana who called himself Will pipes up. "Is there something safe at the bottom?" He asks. Eric laughs.
"I guess I wanna find out." I whisper to Christiana. my heart beats as I step forward.
"Are you kidding Stiff. There is no child in need down there. You know that, right?" Eric asks laughing. Other people join him. I remove my cardigan and someone wolf whistles. "Wow, I took off my cardigan." I turn and say in the direction the whistle came from. My feet reach the ledge and I stand. Don't think tris just do. One, two, three. I start to fall...
If you are reading this then thanks please vote and comment.
Sorry it's short.
- Caroline