Arrivals from the Past

Ace and Sabo along with many others didn't know what in the hell just happened. One minute, the two of them and Luffy were trying to hunt crocodile meat for lunch (with the rubber boy as their fishing bait) and the next thing they knew, a bright light suddenly covered their entire vision and they were inside this strange dark place.

"What the hell!? Where are we!?" Ace yelled in shock, trying to grab his pipe by instinct before realizing it wasn't there. Sabo realized the same thing when he patted his own back.

"Ace!? Sabo!?" The two boys turned around, surprised to see their caretaker(?) Dadan, with Dogra and Magra cautiously trailing behind her, "Where the hell are we!? Is this your doing!?"

"How the hell should we know, you old hag!?" The freckled boy shot back, the two would have gotten into a loud argument had Makino not quickly went between them.

"Please calm down, you two!" The sight of the friendly woman helped calm the Ace and Dadan somewhat but before the young woman could say anything further, panicked voices gained their attention.

Their eyes widened in the size of dinner plates when the first thing they see was a giant man that is larger than the size of a mansion standing near them (how the hell did they not notice him earlier!?).

"Is that a giant!?" Sabo exclaimed in shock, having only read about the gigantic race in the books. He and Ace stood battle ready in case the giant tried anything hostile, while Dadan and Makino still stood shocked at the sight along with the other two bandits. However, the two boys then noticed there are other people their own size who were conversing in a mixture of confusion and panic.

Jaguar D. Saul, on the other hand, sat still in the middle of the dark area as he watched the smaller humans talk. He was shocked when he was suddenly teleported here and even more so when he reunited with Olvia, who was conversing with a fellow Ohara scholar whom she called Professor Clover. However, being a former Vice Admiral, he quickly got over his initial panic and just sat there as more people appeared one light after another, the latest ones being six people who are currently staring at him in fear and caution.

"Hey!" Sabo called out, catching the attention of the rest of the adults, he also noticed three smaller girls that seemed to be close their age, "Do you know where we are?"

The woman with the long fuchsia hair that is cut in a chelsea hawk hairstyle shook her head, "Beats me, kid. Everyone here is in the same situation as you, including the giant sitting here." She pointed a thumb towards Saul.

The former marine and now single mother, Bell-mère placed a gentle hand on her blue-haired adoptive daughter's head, making sure she was alright in this uncertain situation.

"You also saw a bright light before you appeared here, right?" The sheriff of Cocoyashi Village, Genzo, inquired.

Every single one of the newcomers gave a brief nod, with the bandits and Makino finally getting over heir shock at seeing the giant.

Realizing that the situation was truly unknown for every person in this dark place, Sabo decided to examine each person to gauge their threat level, holding out an arm to push a frustrated Ace back so he wouldn't do anything reckless.

The giant was most obviously the biggest threat. He wasn't like the monsters they usually hunt for food nor the pirates they often stole from. From what he read in the books, they were born warriors and their race are near-unstoppable. Thankfully, he doesn't seem hostile or at least, doesn't seem to be interested in picking battles like how they were described.

He wasn't sure about the fuchsia haired woman and the guy with the pinwheel, though, since they look like the usual civilians to him. But appearances can be deceiving.