SHORT STORY

The scorching sun shined in my eyes as I exit the rundown warehouse, a place I would no longer call home. The back of my hand caught my eyes as I tried to adjust to the day light, keeping my hand over my forehead until I could adjust. How much have I missed that beautiful golden orb surrounded by fluffy white clouds as they surround the sun lovingly? It's been a very long time since I've had the pleasure seeing the sun, feeling the warmth caress my skin. Grabbing the side rail of the door my finger catches a splinter straight between my nail and skin. In a normal situation my body would shudder and I hold my finger until the pain subside, unfortunately this is not a normal situation. Pain is nothing to me now as my body is numb from everything I've gone through. I took my first step out the door my dirty black bare foot pressed against the rocky earth as I started my journey to freedom.

My name is Danielle and I'm 24 years old and I had a life, a family, a husband and a beautiful little boy who had just turned 1. One day I was out with my friends drinking, having a good time, deciding to head home early instead of waiting with my friends and headed out to my car.

Did I see him waiting behind my car? No!

Did I decide to turn away and head back to the bar and wait for my friends when he asked me for directions? No!

He seemed harmless in his nice dress suit, clean shaven face, and spoke in a polite manner. I've learned you can never judge appearances but I was too late to do anything. Turning my back on him left me vulnerable as he drugged me, kidnapped me, blindfolded me, and stealing my car leading me to an unknown destination.

I woke up in a dark room where I was introduced to my new life stripped of my freedom, while they showed me what hell would feel like. They stripped my beautiful blue jean skirt off and my black dress halter top ripping into it pulling it off with a knife taking away my dignity when they told me to strip off the clothing. Tears flowed down my face as I started to whimper but looking at their amused faces only brought a scowl to my face. I will not be weak in front of them, holding my tears back I will not go down weak.

Ooooh! Trying to be tough is she now! a man scowled. Well we will change that the man said as he came up to me grabbing my arm as he slid a syringe needle in my arm expelling some sort of substance in me. I can only imagine it was some sort of drug or sleeping substance.

The room was so dark I couldn't really tell how many was in the room but it look to me as if there were three older men. Two big burly disgusting guys appeared in my view reeking of onion and curry like they came from working in a warehouse all day slaving around machines never showering. Another guy to the side watched amused as the other men stared at me hungrily eyeing me as if I was meat, I can only imagine what THEY were thinking.

I can only prepare my mind so much on what happened that day as each man took their turn punching me, slapping me, and then raping me over and over again. Calling me names, degrading me as if I was taking it for every woman that did them wrong or what they wanted to do to women but couldn't. To block out the scene that played out I kept dreaming of my son, my husband, my brother, remembering the times we had shared as if this would be my last memory of them. Unfortunately my parents died when I was young leaving me with just my brother. We stayed in foster care until we were old enough to leave the system. Besides my brother, my husband and son became the only other family I ever known. I must stay strong, I thought.

They couldn't break me, they won't break me, and I will survive even if I ended up damaged. They only laughed at how tough I was trying to be, deciding to go one more round before they decided to introduce more plans for me. Apparently there are sex slaves they would use, each having their own bed separating us from each other with a curtain. They decided since I wasn't fazed yet or broken they would put me in there putting me to work hoping that would break me. I told them no matter what they did to me won't work just go ahead and kill me now.