Follower ~Chapter 4~

After they were done talking, they invited me downstairs to have tea with them. I accepted and drank it.

"Remember to follow everything I said to you, okay?" Chloe said to me doing an evil grin.

"Uhm, but what if they get mad at me?" I said concernedly.

"Who cares? When they know you don't care about what they say, they'll let you do whatever you want. They won't rule you anymore because they know that you aren't even caring about it."

"You do have a point; I will show her from now on that I pick what is good and what is bad for me."

"There goes my little minion, it's time for your mother to pay for what she has done to me and you."

"I'm going to go now; my mom wants me home before noon but thank you so much for letting me stay and giving me advice."

"Oh, it was nothing. Bye!"

"Bye."

I felt like Chole gave me good advice, I'm glad that she let me into her house. I looked at my phone to see the time. Oh shoot, it was 3:00! My mom was going to be so mad at me and she might ask me where I was. I quickly ran home, maybe I should've never talked to Chloe.

I walked into the house just to see my mom staring at me in a mad way.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ARIA?" My mom said in a mad tone.

"I was taking a walk and then I got lost. " I said nervously.

"THAT IS NOT THE TRUTH, I SAW YOU WALKING TO THE MAYOR'S HOTEL!"

"YEAH, SO I COULD ASK FOR DIRECTIONS LIKE GET A BRAIN!" I said while walking away.

She looked at me with a death stare, but I turned away, she was the worst mom I could ever have! I wish Chloe could adopt me, she would be richer and better than my mom. I decided to go on my phone and search up Chloe's number so I could call her. After 15 minutes, I found it and decided to give her a call.

It kept ringing and there was no answer, maybe she doesn't answer random numbers because they might be scams. I decided to stay in my room and the day went by quickly, I couldn't wait for the next day. Maybe my mom would be less mad at me.

It was the next day and I got up and ready, I didn't even think about asking my mom if I could go outside or else she would think I was trying to sneak out or something.

"Good morning dad." I completely ignoring my mom.

"Forgetting about me already?" My mom said.

"No, I only talk to people who don't try to rule my life."

"Aria, everything I do, I do it to help you. I would never do anything to harm you, there is ALWAYS a reason for me ruling you. Not all kids are as free as you, remember that."

"You had no reason to hide the jewels from me and you had no reason to hate on an innocent girl named Chloe just because she also liked dad too! You are just jealous that she is rich, that is all!"

My mom stood there in shock before opening her mouth to say another word.

"ARIA, I WOULD NEVER BULLY SOMEONE AND YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT GOING TO THE HOTEL! SHE WAS A RICH BRAT THAT ALWAYS THOUGHT SHE WAS BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE AND HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY BELIEVE HER?! I WOULD NEVER HATE YOU AND THIS GIRL HATES EVERYONE SHE SEES!" My mom screamed at me.

"Mom, you lied to me once; not again."

"I AM TELLING YOU THE TRUTH WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, YOU CANNOT TRUST THIS GIRL AND I FORBID YOU TO TALK TO HER AGAIN!"

My dad tapped my mother and whispered something to her. I didn't really hear what they said but all I heard was that they said something about my grandpa ruling my dad and my mom is acting like my grandpa.

I'm pretty sure my grandpa wasn't a person who ruled someone, he is a really nice man.

"Mom, whether you like it or not, this is my life and I get to pick what is and what is not good for me. You lied to me so many times so why should I believe you again? And yes, I do see you as a bully; someone who would bully someone if they are rich and you want to be like them." I said hesitantly.

"Aria, I only lied to you to keep you safe! I never bullied anyone before, Chloe is the rich spoiled brat that bullied me and I will NOT let you talk to me like that." My mom said.

"AND I WILL NOT LET YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT EITHER!" I yelled while storming out of the living room.

Ugh, I wish I could live with Chloe, she helped me not make my mom control my life; she gave me good advice!

I wasn't going to let my mom stop me from not using the "jewels", I am going to go there myself.

I went into my mom's and dad's room and got the jewelry box again. Luckily they were downstairs. Instead of hiding it inside of my closet, I hid it inside of my bathroom. I just had to wait until it was night to use it again. Or maybe, I could use it now.

Okay guys, I am so sorry that this took a while for me to post, I was just 'busy' doing other stuff so I was slowly in the process of making this chapter. I will TRY to do the other chapters MUCH faster than I did this one. Bye for now anyways, lol.