Tears

I dove under the table as the tall man in black walked around. I felt myself begin to tremble at the young children collapsing to the ground gasping for their last few breaths. One by one they fell to the blue tile staining it with their dark red blood. I reached out to grab his hand as he slowly smashed to the ground. The tears begin to drip soaking my pretty pink ruffled blouse. I shut my eyes waiting to see what was next. But nothing happened. Just silence. I had a sigh of relief as I opened my eyes just to see the tall man in black standing right in front of me. The room went dark.

Chapter 1

I was sitting in health class. I sat next to my best friend Summer. We have been friends since we were really young. She is really pretty, she has long blond wavy hair with beautiful blue eyes. I've always been really jealous of her. She gets all the guys, even some of the younger male teachers flirt with her. She doesn't see how pretty she is. I'm just plain and simple. Brown hair, brown eyes, no one even looks at me. I'm too plain and boring. I've never even had a real boyfriend! Anyways, our health teacher is really weird and asks strange questions in class. Today she asked a very personal question for the most of us. Her "question of the day" today was,

"What was the scariest tragedy as a kid?" No one would answer. Everyone was nervous so she started calling on people. I quickly buried my head into my arms so I wouldn't have to answer this question. But of course having my luck, Mrs. Moore called out, "Kathryn! Please answer the question of the day for us!" I started to tremble at my past. I sunk in my seat wondering what to say. I really didn't want to explain what happened. She got impatient and began tapping her foot to show it. The class all pulled out their phones and was texting whomever they text. I slowly started to speak up so they put their phones away and focused all their attention on me. The one time they actually listen its when I'm talking. Of course.

"Um, yeah, I guess," I began to whimper. I really didn't understand the point of doing this and talking about it. My tears started to trickle down my cheeks as my heart was beating and the room started spinning. I felt that I was going to fall to the ground. I suddenly got the feeling of throwing up everywhere. I took a long deep breath and choked back the tears and started to explain the reality of my terrifying past.

Chapter 2

"Well, I was in the first grade. It started out as a normal day, my friend Max and I were stacking blocks and breaking them down with these toy monster trucks that at the time seemed as big as us. *giggles* then out of the blue, our teacher was screaming for all of us to get down. That's when I dove under the table as the children collapsed to the ground gasping for their last breaths. Their dark blood stained the blue tile. I reached out to grab his hand as he slowly smashed to the ground like the others. The tears began to drip down my little cheeks soaking my pretty pink ruffled blouse. I shut my eyes waiting to see what would happen. But nothing happened. Just silence. I had a sigh of relief just to open my eyes to see the tall man in black standing right in front of me. The room went dark. As I awoke I realized I was still alive and he let me live. Why me? Why would he kill everyone but me? I'm just plain and boring. I still can't get the gunshot sounds out of my mind. They will be there forever."

As I finished, I couldn't stop crying. For once, I didn't want to either. I let my tears soak my blue blouse as well as the floor as the class stayed silent. It got so awkward to see everyone's eyes burning into me. Mrs. Moore could tell I felt weird so she called on another person to answer the same question I just finished with. I buried my head again and began to sob. I hate my past just as much as I hate my present and I hate talking about my life. It's just not fair that no one else understands me. After a long 20 minutes, the final bell rang. I wiped my tears, collected myself as well as my things. As I slowly stood up, Mrs. Moore called me over.