Prologue

Vale, Patch, Anima. These four teens all hail from different places in Remnant but will join paths. All with one green letter.

Born to Scarlet Rose - a world-renowned Huntress with the ability to petrify Grimm with her eyes - a young girl named Summer - born with same eyes - never knew she was going to take her mother's title.

As 17-year old Summer Rose was doing her daily chore of laundry, she was called upon by Scarlet. While her mother was 51 years of age, her health wasn't keeping her up. Scarlet had been diagnosed with a rare disease in her bloodstream called patere pulvis, meaning "exposed to Dust". Because of her Semblance regarding Dust, it also had a huge downfall. But, Summer does her absolute best to give Scarlet the care she needs.

Summer saw Scarlet waving something in her hand while also leaning on a cane. A huge smile swept over Scarlet's face as she handed Summer an envelope. A green one.
~~~
Born to the ostracized member of a royal family, Taiyang Xiao Long was born into a complicated world.

Mahina Yue-Haizi Xiao Long was the mother of Taiyang Xiao Long and the wife of Zhanshi Xiao Long.

While Mahina came from a royal family, Zhanshi was a Huntsman, hailing from Vale. Unfortunately, Zhanshi died of an unknown illness and this caused Mahina's family to fall apart. Her family blamed her for his death and Mahina made the decision to leave her family, taking Taiyang with her.

While Taiyang was somber that he had to grow up knowing that half of his family saw him as dead in their eyes, he moved on, becoming a caretaker to Mahina.

Because she had left her royal family, Mahina was also cursed to enter a state of catatonia nightly, for that was when she turned her back on her family that worshipped the Moon.

Yes, the Yue-Haizi believed they came from the Moon. But that's another story for another time.

Back to Taiyang, he would care for his mother. Resting during the day and waking up at night when his mother would "sleepwake", his schedule was abnormal from most, but he didn't mind. However, his course of life would change at 17 years of age when a green letter enters his home.
~~~
The Branwen Twins, with Raven being the oldest and Qrow the youngest, were born under the brightest full moon Remnant has ever laid their eyes on, symbolizing a sign of good luck. However - to the Tribe - this predicament was no more than a harbinger of misfortune.

Their mother was in a tent with a few healers and nurses, but no husband. You see, the twins' father went to a mission and never came back. So their mother had to fight this personal battle with no husband.

Once Raven was born, her mother became sick, and there was a Grimm swarm outside of the Tribe. While the Grimm situation was taken care of, their mother was not. Apparently, she was quickly inflicted with an unknown sickness. Nothing could heal her.

However, when Qrow was born, his was worse. The night became black, and the Moon was red, a lunar eclipse. According to the Tribe's shaman, this wasn't a good sign. And after his birth, the mother of the twins succumbed to the illness and died.

This made a huge mark on not only Qrow, but Raven as well. This is also what made the two very close to one another.

In a world in which they were alone, the twins always had one another. Until they turned 6.

Their guardian, Laverna, had told Raven that together, the twins were gonna make their fates worse, and it's better they separate.

Due to Laverna's manipulation and mental abuse towards Qrow, this is what caused the twins to separate and become distant with one another.

As they grew older, so did the tribe's influence on them. Raven was already remorseful, killing without mercy, and was destined to become Tribe Leader. Qrow, however, was different. He wasn't like his sister, who killed without remorse. He was more...controlled. Partially due to his Semblance being active all the time. To the Tribe, he wasn't really destined for anything. This separated the twins more.

While Raven was crowned heir to the Tribe Leader, Qrow was pushed back to the sidelines, watching his sister gain victory and he just looks on.

Ever since Raven started to avoid him at 6 years old, Qrow would go outside when the moon was full and pray to the Brother Gods that something will put him out of his misery and find a way to bring him and his sister closer like they were before.

And then a green letter came into their lives.
~~~
The bus went to Vale. Summer was heartbroken, yes, because she won't be able to care for her mother, but she was reassured that Scarlet was going to be okay.

"Are you sure, Mom? You need someone here to protect you.", Summer said, clasping hands with her mother.

"You're looking at a licensed Huntress and a Silver-Eyed Warrior. I'm going to be fine, sweetie.", Scarlet said, planting a kiss on Summer's forehead. The two hugged and Summer was gone. Scarlet shed tears, but she wiped them off and walked back home.

The bus parked at Patch Island Bus Station. Mahina - like Scarlet - was heartbroken as well that her son was leaving, but she was going to be fine.

"I'm sorry you won't be able to come with me, Mother.", Taiyang said.

"Don't be. Besides, I'll have the nightly caretaker come and attend to me. She's pretty cool to hang out with as well.", Mahina said.

The two shared a hug as Taiyang left, waving and departed with the bus. Mahina looked at the sky, the sun hitting her, while the faded moon was staring at her. She frowned and walked back home, knowing her curse was about to commence and the caretaker was coming.

The Branwen Twins were standing in front of Laverna, their things beside them and their postures straight.

"Remember why you two are leaving. Never stray from the cause, keep your guard, and don't let it down.", Laverna commanded. She walked among the twins like a general walking around his troops.

Raven's face was stern, ready, and obedient. Qrow's face was the same, except he was pretty scared of Laverna. 17-years old and scared of a grown-ass woman. He didn't blame her, if looks would kill, Laverna's eyes would shoot you, stab you, then smash you with a hammer.

"I may not be religious but I pray to the Gods you won't fail the mission. Well...I should pray for half of you.", Laverna said, shooting eye daggers at Qrow at her last sentence.

He may be carefree and not give a damn about any of their missions, but the real reason why Laverna hated Qrow was really because she is their aunt, her sister was their mother.

"Raven, you may go and board the transport. Qrow, stay, I need to talk to you.", Laverna said, as Qrow was half-annoyed but half-scared.

"You may be this family's curse, but I sure as hell won't have you be the death of us. If your sister comes back with so much as one scar, I will find you and have you join your wretched father.", Laverna said emotionless. Absolutely no fucking remorse for Qrow's mental health. Everytime they have their tiny talks, he only leaves them mentally traumatized because of her words.

With hidden shaky hands, Qrow left the tent with his hands in his pockets. And Raven never hears the horrible words that Laverna tells him.

The twins board the bus and find their seats. Unbeknownst to them both, Raven sat next to a blonde boy and Qrow sat across a red-headed girl. The two were completely unaware of their future teammates that were right next to them. And these two were gonna change both of their lives.

Attention all passengers, we are departing to Beacon Academy. Leaving Anima, next stop, Beacon Academy

Authors Note : Sorry not sorry that I wrote Raven and Qrow's bit longer. I really like writing about these two. If you haven't seen the show, I highly recommend you do so this book doesn't confuse you.

Note that Scarlet, Mahina, Zhanshi, and Laverna are all my characters, they are not the real parents/guardian of Team STRQ.