What did Jesus ultimately do dying on the cross for us?

When I was younger, I used to think that Jesus died on the cross so that our sins can be forgiven, but I didn't dwell on it, and I moved on with life. However, this is not the only thing Jesus did when he died for us!

To understand the journey of Jesus, we must understand the story of man.

God created the world and man.

God gives man everything, as well as a simple instruction...do not eat the fruit.

Man eats fruit (sin).

Man are sinners, yet God still loves us. He doesn't love the animals more than us now, he still loves us.

Man are ALL going to go to hell because everyone in the world has sinned. Even if they ask for forgiveness they will go to hell.

This is where Jesus comes in.

Because God is a merciful God, he sends his one and ONLY son, Jesus, to come and die for man...to help us.

Man don't accept Jesus, even though Jesus' coming was prophesied.

Man crucifies Jesus for no reason.

But this was all God's plan because now man can ask for forgiveness and even become forgiven!

Man now have a chance at eternal life because of Gods everlasting love.

This is what God did for us on the cross, not just to forgive us of our sins, but to cleanse our hearts and give us a chance at everlasting life with him! All we must do is ask and we shall be forgiven.

Hope this helped 😉