A glance

Rudolfus "Rusty" Axel had been going to interviews and trying out different jobs for weeks now, it was getting annoying and he really needed that rent money. Honestly he didn't even know how he got his old job, being a selective mute wasn't really a good mark on his roster but these business people <re: men> were really getting on his nerves.

Walking down stairs to get his post this morning had been like running a marathon, but he still did it just like any other day because that's all he could do. He was now reading the daily newsletter that everyone got free of charge and occasionally combing through the job ads at the edge. That is until one caught his eye.

Freddy Fazbear's Pizza? He vaguely remembered going there as a small child, but his family never went more than twice a year. Still though, this could be interesting. Looking at the phone number he decided that it'd be better to call and schedule a time to come in for an interview rather than just show up.

So that's exactly what he did, then one phone call led to a second, then a third, and after that a few more. Until he felt that, nearly a month later only a week before rent was due, he could talk to the boss in person.

Getting to the rather -not really quaint- establishment was easy, though it was across town the lousy public transport citizens had access to was more than enough to get there. Stepping off the bus and looking at the building Rusty felt like a child again, suddenly he was small enough to hide in the short bushes around his apartment complex or sneak quietly through the vents and go undetected by anyone.

Rusty quickly shook himself out of that headspace, he needed to focus right now. So he took out a notebook from his satchel, flipped the pages, and walked inside.

=

Freddy's was almost exactly like how I remembered it, except the band wasn't right. Rather than the big and proper bear I knew as Freddy, there was a childish caricature of the lead singer with rosy cheeks and blank plastic coated eyes. In place of the sweet country chicken girl I had known as Chica was another more showy one wearing pink bikini bottoms and winking as she sang with the imposter bear, the same blank plastic stare from her bright blue eyes.

The biggest change I noticed however was Bonnie. Instead of the oversized purple rabbit that I loved to talk to whenever I came here, there was an electric blue bunny with bright green eyes and long lashes. It was creepy to say the least and I really didn't like it. I noticed that Foxy wasn't there either, though I never really cared for the pirate more afraid of his hook swinging about while he was still active. They've deactivated my childhood memories by now though and I should really leave it be, but the animatronics on stage just didn't sit right with me. They had no personality and were obviously only made to sell more action figures, toys for toddlers to choke on.

But never mind that I had an interview to get ta after all.