Prologue

He came into the office with an anxious look on his face. "Must see my sister." He gasped out his words as his backpack came crashing down, spilling his books and pencils all over the office floor. The office attendant looked at him over the counter and then went back to checking the old, gray computer. "Name?" The attendant croaked out, glancing once again at him. "Isabelle." He left his utensils on the floor as his boyish brown eyes grew wet. The attendant reached over for her microphone and clicked on a rusted old button. "Isabelle, please come to the main office. Isabelle, please come to the main office." Then letting go of the microphone, the sour faced woman pointed to an old, dusty arm chair. "You may sit while you wait." However, ignoring the woman's words, he paced around, his face crinkled up to prevent the tears that seemed to be unstoppable. Then, without a word he ran out the office door, which jingled the sound of breaking glass and left his blue backpack and its contents in the office floor. He ran up a dark alleyway. "Please no. Please no." He muttered under his breath, his tears now flowing over onto his cheeks. He stopped in front of the wooden building, which was damp and soggy from yesterday's rain. His fingers skimmed the door handle and the door sprung open, revealing his sister in a way that he would never be able to forget, ever.