Chapter 7: 👋Power of 5👋

Sophie Eliza’s POV:

When the lights turned back on, we managed to calm ourselves down when our monster selves came back thus we transformed back.

We see Frankie pouring a bubbly dissolving liquid into two glasses where we were nervous about what was it.

“What is this, Frankie?” I nervously asked, holding the glass as Clawdeen held her’s.

“Magnesium carbonate. It’s very calming.” Frankie smiled.

We took small sips of the Magnesium carbonate which helped a bit.

“Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is.” Frankie said trying to cheer us up.

“We are real, live, living humans.” Clawdeen said.

“Well, half of us are..” I looked down. 

Frankie realized something before she faced us.

“This is why you two asked about monsters transforming?” 

We nodded softly before Clawdeen said, 

“Yes, and you heard what Mr. Komos said It didn't turn out so great for Hyde.” Clawdeen said.

“If the school found out what we are, we’ll go through the same thing that happened to Hyde.” I said looking down.

“Wow, this is a pickle.” She said before she held a jar of an actual pickle before she put it down and looked at us, smiling.

“How can I help?” She asked us making us smile.

“So, um, we found his journals and she thinks that Hyde might have a cure for his humanness side hiding in a secret lab somewhere in the campus…” I said before I look back at the journals for a second before she looked at the two.

“If only we could find it…” Clawdeen said before she handed the journal to Frankie. 

“We hoped these lab journals have some clues but… they’re..." She opened the journal, smiled.

“No idea what Globaduke is?… but it sounds delicious..” Frankie smiled before she looked at the page understanding what the content was.

She finally realized what Hyde wrote in the journal. “Oh, that's not handwriting. That’s code.” Frankie said, making us shocked.

“How did you…?” Clawdeen asked.

She touched her forehead. “Albert Lanturing’s cortex. He cracked the German code in WW2 and saved the world. He was awesome.” She said before she reached down to her bag to grab her notebook. “This is definitely Hyde’s diary.” She opened to a page  before writing down.

“I’ve never felt so happy. I feel like I finally belong.” Frankie wrote.

“We can relate to that….” Clawdeen said.

“I need to hide my work. It’s too dangerous working in the school lab…” Frankie wrote.

“Where did he hide it?” Clawdeen asked.

“What’s this?” Frankie asked, pointing to the lower part of the page. “Delimited… minutes, seconds,” Frankie mumbled before she looked at us, knowing what it meant. “They’re map coordinates.” She smiled before she closed her notebook and stood up and walked to the papers. One of them was the map.

“No…. No… No…..” she handed the rolled-up papers to us before she grabbed a big, wide-folded paper when we dropped them before she opened it and lay on the table when we looked at the map.